What did we learn? The Indiana edition (sponsored by the Greg Louganis Diving School)

23 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

This. When hired, I remember discussions about how Frost was still green in and everyone was ok with it. But it sure is rearing it’s head right now. There are two conferences that in order to win, you must have had successful coaching experience in as an assistant and that is the  SEC and B10.  I’m not sure how this will play out. I just don’t think he can get it done with Chin and the rest of the D’s coaching crew. But I also fear he’s too stubborn to make changes. 

Yes he is still green and will make "green" mistakes (I was dumbfounded we did not call timeout and get everybody on the same page for the 4th and 5 on our best 4th quarter drive rather than rushing the play); but I believe most fans still have confidence he is the right man and will eventually get it done. That said, it is getting a bit tiresome talking about "eye" discipline and pointing the finger when perhaps we should be worried about " I"  discipline and pointing the thumb. (Apologies to Bo).

• Plus1 1

The offense looked really good before Vedral fumbled.  

We have pretty good 2nd and 3rd string QB's.  

Wandale is Wandale, the future is bright, just need better talent on the offensive line to really open up what he can do.  

We could have beaten a team with a better record minus the mistakes and if we actually had a pass rush.  Giving any QB all day long to find open receivers will make any defensive backfield look terrible.  

Remember, we are using our second and third string QB's in this game along with other injuries.  

There is some areas where the talent is simply not there yet (especially on D), a few more recruiting classes should fix that.  

The offensive line wasn't as bad as some other games, maybe due to Indiana's line not being good either.  

Special teams is still bad.  

The team cannot blitz on every down to generate a pass rush, teams will pick up on it and beat up the secondary on big plays.  This is NOT going to get fixed this year, need to get some better talent in the front seven to fix it.  Frost is doing the best that he can with the bag of s#!t he was handed, give it some time, I know everyone wants to win now but this is reality and the reality is we are a mid-tier team this year and it will be two to three seasons before we are competing with the big boys.  

• Plus1 2

32 minutes ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

This is the message our players need to hear.

God I hate bashing on the players when it’s a coaching problem. As fans we really should circle around our kids in protection while tossing the responsibility back to the extremely well paid coaching staff. 

• Fire 1
33 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

God I hate bashing on the players when it’s a coaching problem. As fans we really should circle around our kids in protection while tossing the responsibility back to the extremely well paid coaching staff. 

Since the quote is from a former player and Blackshirt, it is more than appropriate for Dumas to say things like that.

Recruits are saying it too.

• Plus1 1