What did we learn? The Indiana edition (sponsored by the Greg Louganis Diving School)

2 hours ago, TheSker said:

I wouldn't say that's true.

Hixson got pulled after he got ran over.

Khalil got pulled after his shenanigans.

Do people just not notice Frost's discipline?  Not pay attention?

Seeing as how he was in and then out, others have gotten penalties, dropped passes  etc and not pulled....It often gets missed...

Similar to some people missing poor play calling, decisions or schemes:dunno

15 hours ago, Mavric said:

Or Wan'Dale blocked it correctly and Mills screwed it up...

Mills clearly screwed up the block but there was an adjustment. The TE is off the LOS in the 2nd play, and allows him to get to the 2nd level much cleaner. The Indiana DE engaged the TE before the LT in the first play which helped maintain outside leverage and muddied things up. 

I can't find where previous discussion about this is so I'll put this here.

RE: Indiana's comments about us supposedly disrespecting them

Yes, Frost did bring up Indiana by name at a closed-door meeting with coaches and ADs.  But he wasn't saying he wanted to play Indiana more in the sense that he was expecting to beat them every time.  He brought up the fact that Nebraska had played Ohio State five times and Indiana only once since joining the B1G.  Several people in the room didn't believe it but they brought up the schedules and showed them it was correct.  Frost wasn't just trying to get an easier schedule for the Huskers.  He was pointing out that the B1G was hurting itself in trying to get into the playoff for so dis-proportionally scheduling the top teams in the regular season.  After Frost brought it up, others like Urban Meyer and James Franklin agreed and said the scheduling should be more even.  

But apparently Indiana took great offense about it as they brought it up multiple times over a year later.  :dunno

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Fire 1

3 hours ago, Mavric said:

But apparently Indiana took great offense about it as they brought it up multiple times over a year later.

Sounds to me like the Indiana AD/coaches might have just used Frost's statement about the dis-proportionate schedule as a way get the Indiana program fired up about playing the Huskers. Words taken out of full context or slightly twisted make for great ammunition. As former Colorado head coach Bill McCartney once spoke... “Kids between the ages of 18 and 22, you’ve got to give them targets to shoot at". Heck, in hindsight it looks like it was a pretty shrewd move.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
38 minutes ago, Maized & Confused said:

Sounds to me like the Indiana AD/coaches might have just used Frost's statement about the dis-proportionate schedule as a way get the Indiana program fired up about playing the Huskers. Words taken out of full context or slightly twisted make for great ammunition. As former Colorado head coach Bill McCartney once spoke... “Kids between the ages of 18 and 22, you’ve got to give them targets to shoot at". Heck, in hindsight it looks like it was a pretty shrewd move.

I'd agree that it would be a shrewd move to get the team fired up but im not sure why he would mention it after the game to the press if he wasnt still butthurt about it. It's ridiculous to me that they would be upset that someone would think they are an easier game than OSU. I dont think a single person would argue that. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
14 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

I'd agree that it would be a shrewd move to get the team fired up but im not sure why he would mention it after the game to the press if he wasnt still butthurt about it.

Can't argue, seems that taking it to the press afterwards was just a d!ck move. Maybe it's just to create a record and building more animosity in advance for the 2022 game? They can pull up the old headlines from the last time the teams played and regurgitate how Frost dis-respected them all over again.