What did we learn? The Indiana edition (sponsored by the Greg Louganis Diving School)

3 hours ago, skersfan said:

There was a lot of talk about a running back being recruited by UCF/Coach Frost and how he went to Indiana over UCF/Nebraska.  A lot of things are said during recruiting visits that could come back to bite you.  

My guess is that it has something to do with recruiting.

That RB can bite me.

5 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

Still shouldn’t respect them. They got lucky. What they’re doing is neither impressive nor sustainable for a crap program. Who cares what IU’s whinny a$$ AD says. 

I can't even explain to you how much this is the wrong perspective to have. 

• Plus1 1
8 hours ago, SFW said:

We learned that our coach thinks:

that in the B10, time of possession doesn’t matter

that a bend but don’t break defense is the answer

that passing is always better than running

then throwing your players under the bus ok.

If we run up half a hundred, T.O.P. doesn't matter that much.

We do need to play better defense.

We ran the ball more than twice as much as we passed it. 

You may have a point about calling guys out. Really should just bench them and not say anything.

The Good: True freshmen making plays means the future is bright. I hope. Several other teams are graduating their best players, and we get nearly everyone back, most for 2 or more years. Wandale is a treasure - a real difference-maker, and the fact that Frost got him here from Kentucky shows at least more than a modicum of recruiting prowess. Luke is also a tough kid.

The Bad: Special Teams, week after week. Wyatt had a few good returns, but all in all, not so good. Stovall and Reimer hustle and hit, but our kicking NEEDS to get better.

The Ugly: This was the first game I've watched live in the Frost Era, and it's obvious that half our defensive problems are alignment-related. At least a DOZEN times, we had guys not knowing where they were supposed to be when the ball was snapped. After a bye week, this is simply inexcusable. We had linebackers trying to cover their best receiver on deep crossing routes, Honus fell asleep and the TE ran right by him down the seam for a big play, and several others just like it. One time, Garrett Nelson was matched up one-on-one with their best slot guy. Really? Come ON, Chinander, it's getting embarrassing. The run defense was stout, until when it really mattered, and they folded like a cheap suit. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
On 10/26/2019 at 9:26 PM, theknife said:

Indiana came into the came as 18th in total defense in the country. It was nice to see the offense have that much success with our 3rd string QB. I don't buy into "this offense can't work in the BIG 10" narrative being spewed by some.

I don't know what to make of the joke of the defense. I don't have any faith in Chins, but I also think we lack serious talent. Time shall tell. 

I think the offense can work in the B1G with a non-wimp Oline...but the D cannot be blamed solely on talent level. Chin has had these results for the past 5 years...check our 2 and the 3 previous at UCF. His scheme bleeds points...and he has shown NO ability to adjust mid game.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1