What did we learn? The Indiana edition (sponsored by the Greg Louganis Diving School)

11 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Or Wan'Dale blocked it correctly and Mills screwed it up...

Regardless, Noah has to take care of the ball and we live to play another down.  It doesnt even look like passing is an option bc we have lineman downfield, but Noah looks like he is pulling up to try to throw it away.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
Just now, swmohusker said:

Regardless, Noah has to take care of the ball and we live to play another down.  It doesnt even look like passing is an option bc we have lineman downfield, but Noah looks like he is pulling up to try to throw it away.

Yeah, I would have to put most of the blame on Noah there.  It sure seems like he should have seen that guy earlier and been able to do something better.

On 10/26/2019 at 7:50 PM, lo country said:

Still no idea what happened to Mills.

On 10/26/2019 at 8:40 PM, BigPeterJ said:

Not sure why we went away from Mills. The kid is playing good football, and he can take a beating.  Frost is not coaching well imo, but he is our best and last chance.

He blew his assignment on Vedral's fumble, so he was basically benched.

On 10/27/2019 at 12:31 AM, LumberJackSker said:

Nelson and tannor should get all his snaps. Sure tannor is undersized but at least he's athletic and nelson bites to much on zone read plays but he plays hard and looks more active when out there.  They'll also both be back next year and davis won't. 

I don't disagree, but the 3rd and 7 scramble to ice the game is exactly why Nelson at least isn't playing more. Not saying Davis definitely would've done it better, but Nelson crashed hard and gave up the edge without a fight. Too focused on making a play instead of knowing the situation and doing his job. He'll be good though - and no idea where Tannor is.

Supposedly the "disrespect" comes from Frost complaining about the crossover schedule, and specifically mentioning Indiana as a team we should play more. You have to be either stupid or desperate to take that as an insult though - he was specifically complaining about how much we will get OSU/Michigan/PSU. He wasn't mentioning Indiana as easy wins, just easier games than what we've got.

• Plus1 1

I think the point of the article was showing just how different the situations were when Frost took over the UCF program and when he took over NU.  Basically, the author is saying it is going to take both Frost and Taggart plenty of time to bring their respective programs back and how fan negativity isn't helping.

• Fire 1

5 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

He blew his assignment on Vedral's fumble, so he was basically benched.

I don't disagree, but the 3rd and 7 scramble to ice the game is exactly why Nelson at least isn't playing more. Not saying Davis definitely would've done it better, but Nelson crashed hard and gave up the edge without a fight. Too focused on making a play instead of knowing the situation and doing his job. He'll be good though - and no idea where Tannor is.

Supposedly the "disrespect" comes from Frost complaining about the crossover schedule, and specifically mentioning Indiana as a team we should play more. You have to be either stupid or desperate to take that as an insult though - he was specifically complaining about how much we will get OSU/Michigan/PSU. He wasn't mentioning Indiana as easy wins, just easier games than what we've got.

If that's true, SMH......Dudes are constantly screwing the pooch with no issues....And you pull our biggest RB......

4 minutes ago, lo country said:

If that's true, SMH......Dudes are constantly screwing the pooch with no issues....And you pull our biggest RB......

He did play a little bit after that, so could be wrong. Thought one of the coaches said something along the lines of needing to be able to trust the RB to block his guy in response to that though. But in either case, I don't think RB was a problem at any other point during the game. I don't see a massively different outcome if we do have Mills playing more in the second half - we had our chances and didn't make plays.

9 minutes ago, lo country said:

If that's true, SMH......Dudes are constantly screwing the pooch with no issues....And you pull our biggest RB

I wouldn't say that's true.

Hixson got pulled after he got ran over.

Khalil got pulled after his shenanigans.

Do people just not notice Frost's discipline?  Not pay attention?

• Plus1 4