What did we learn? The Indiana edition (sponsored by the Greg Louganis Diving School)

17 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

- I think our defense looked relatively solid against some truly awful offenses. Once push came to shove, Colorado, Ohio State, Minnesota, and now Indiana diced us up like it was nothing. I don’t think any one thing is to blame for that, but it’s frustrating.

- WanDale is amazing. I don’t think I’d blame him for not running as hard as he does but I am real glad he has no quit in him.

- Not to take anything from Indiana, but I’m not entirely sure the better team won today. I am sure the better coached team won. Not to say their coaches are better than ours but they were today.

- Get 6 wins. It’s still on the table. Play as many younger players as possible at the bowl game.

This is what is worrisome.  The better coached team has won against us a lot the past 2 years......

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 2

Bowl season is still completely attainable because Maryland and Purdue look absolutely lost which is saying something considering the product NU has been rolling out.

I'm really getting sick of the weekly personal foul penalties on the Davis twins.  I'm all for hard hitting, clean football but they've been rolling out so many cheap shots that I'm looking for Mr. Fuji on the sidelines.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, walksalone said:

From reading the game thread, some of you are bat sh*t crazy (not in the good way, but the sad pathetic steve buchemi putting on lipstick kinda way)

Line play is utterly atrocious

I hardly ever wear lipstick and I say the pathetic DBs and their coach easily hands down lost this game.

The limited playcalling from playing the 2nd stringer and 3rd string freshman at QB made it harder on the O line, but we still got enough yards and points to win.

• Fire 1
29 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

- I think our defense looked relatively solid against some truly awful offenses. Once push came to shove, Colorado, Ohio State, Minnesota, and now Indiana diced us up like it was nothing. I don’t think any one thing is to blame for that, but it’s frustrating.

- WanDale is amazing. I don’t think I’d blame him for not running as hard as he does but I am real glad he has no quit in him.

- Not to take anything from Indiana, but I’m not entirely sure the better team won today. I am sure the better coached team won. Not to say their coaches are better than ours but they were today.

- Get 6 wins. It’s still on the table. Play as many younger players as possible at the bowl game.

He's a gladiator, for sure.  I thought the QB play was good overall.  The defense really needs work just about everywhere.  Still sloppy on both sides of the ball.

• Plus1 1

Sadly, the big difference between the overall play of the team this year as compared to the team last year:   last year, we were slowly but surely improving, although not good, and were getting less 'bad'.   This year, I don't think the team is actually any better at all than in game 1.

This applies to basically all phases and areas of the team (receiving, running, blocking, tackling, focus, consistant effort, kicking, punting, returns, etc.).   I just can't think of any area where we are actually better than last year.   This is the most disappointing part of this season.   Nearly everyone thought we'd atleast  continue to make marginal improvements on offense, defense and special teams.  We expected to be bigger, stronger and better conditioned.   I think we might be somewhat stronger, but our stamina and conditioning remains suspect.   We seem to fold up and cave in on almost every opponent drive which takes more than 10 plays.  

2.   Our red zone offense is not much better  than our red zone defens - both are only maybe a D+ on a A-F scale.  .   

3.   Special teams are worse than last year!

• Plus1 2