Defense Struggles

7 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

Nice gesture, but leopards don't change their stripes.  Lamar doesn't like to tackle, has mental lapses in coverage, and celebrates PB's when we're down 30 as if he does not understand context.  He's not a wise player.

Just like Mo Barry "They're gonna feel my pain, I promise" tweet...it's just talk.

I agree.  I’m not sold on Chins, but I think D has a severe talent issue.  Domann is by far the best player they have and I’m not convinced he’d start on an elite team.

I wouldn’t put it all on the players. It looks like Avery Roberts is having a great year at Oregon State. Watched the UCLA, STANFORD, and Cal games. He’s balling out! Announcers talk that he is one of the best in the conference and will be on the All PAC-12 team as a sophomore this year.  My understanding was that our coaching staff didn’t think he had the potential, yet he’s performing well. In 6 games he has 43 tackles, 2 sacks, and 4.5 TFL. Makes me think is it really the players, the system or the coaches?

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

The DBs are horrible and couldn't cover their grandma. Every pass thrown at us involves our DB mauling the receiver or never seeing the ball coming because he's looking the other way. You guys must mean they're improved from Diaco? The DBs lost the game. As shorthanded as our offense was, they put up enough points to win the game.

13 minutes ago, FieldHog said:

I wouldn’t put it all on the players. It looks like Avery Roberts is having a great year at Oregon State. Watched the UCLA, STANFORD, and Cal games. He’s balling out! Announcers talk that he is one of the best in the conference and will be on the All PAC-12 team as a sophomore this year.  My understanding was that our coaching staff didn’t think he had the potential, yet he’s performing well. In 6 games he has 43 tackles, 2 sacks, and 4.5 TFL. Makes me think is it really the players, the system or the coaches?

Source that coaches asked him to leave

59 minutes ago, HuskerJax said:

Where is the juco guy, green (I think) wasn’t he touted as nfl talent. Put him in

Want to redshirt him.

21 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

The DBs are horrible and couldn't cover their grandma. Every pass thrown at us involves our DB mauling the receiver or never seeing the ball coming because he's looking the other way. You guys must mean they're improved from Diaco? The DBs lost the game. As shorthanded as our offense was, they put up enough points to win the game.

I am tired of watching bootle, in 4 years I don’t think he’s ever learned to look back at the ball when covering.

59 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

I keep waiting for the Davis twins to have some impact.  How many times do we see one of them listed at the beginning of the game as an impact player/one to watch?  I’ve seen enough, they’re just not very good.  Who’s coming behind them because fixing our DL will have the most impact on seeing an improved overall defense.

It frustrates me because more often than not, Stille plays better. I’m tired of seeing undisciplined penalties from them too. 

1 hour ago, gobiggergoredder said:

I don’t think they are great, but the DBs have no help from a pass rush.  A lot of the big plays appear to be LB coverage or huge holes in the zones.

This. A few of #1s catches today he either had barry or miller on him. Add in the fact there are zero pass rushing threats in this team and your asking guys to cover guys for way to long. 

3 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Source that coaches asked him to leave

Player sources say he wasn’t blending well with Ruud and Chin. Also, he was never out of shape. He just didn’t fit what they envisioned defensively. Regardless, with him being chased off, his win is our loss. 

4 minutes ago, CalhounHusker said:

I am tired of watching bootle, in 4 years I don’t think he’s ever learned to look back at ball when covering.

It's the man coverage.  You have to be excellent to play it.  I hate seeing it in college because most guys are not good enough so they get torched or get PI calls.  It's like playing blind.  

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

It's the man coverage.  You have to be excellent to play it.  I hate seeing it in college because most guys are not good enough so they get torched or get PI calls.  It's like playing blind.  

Are we playing man coverage? I’m really not sure, looks more like zone the way the receivers are always in holes. If we are playing man, we are failing hard

5 minutes ago, FieldHog said:

Player sources say he wasn’t blending well with Ruud and Chin. Also, he was never out of shape. He just didn’t fit what they envisioned defensively. Regardless, with him being chased off, his win is our loss. 

This is your speculation, not a source.   Why because they 3 wins & are giving 200 yards a game rushing.   Plus they playing in the cream puff 10.