i never thought i'd say this, but i'm turning in my season tickets at the end of the year.

BoSolich

Let mine lapse about eight years ago.  Took the "donation" and turned it into a 65 inch plasma and enjoy watching from home.  I was mainly sick of the people around me selling their seats 95% of the time and only showing for the "big" games and when they did show they'd spend most of their time telling people to sit down. 

Now we tailgate and head home when the rest go to the stadium.  We can pick up BBQ on the way and still make it home before kick off.

• Plus1 1
56 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

March 2020 everyone will be jacked up again.  July 2020 we will be talking about winning the west....again.

And being “jacked up” is wearing off earlier and earlier in the season. We need to get some wins to sustained our jacked uppedness. 

Wow...we are definitely living in times of instant gratification. I am a new member as far as posting...have been reading posts for some time now...but after reading this post..I just had to sign up so I could comment. Yes..this season in disappointing based on the expectations we all had coming into this year..I admit..I drank the koolaid   and predicted a nine win season...but so called fans throwing in the towel ..giving up season tickets..in season two of a massive rebuilding project is beyond me. So go ahead..step aside and turn in your tickets...there are dozens of people lined up behind you to pick up the slack.GBR

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

I'm keeping our season tix.  But I do recall that back in the days Nebraska was perennially good, very good, the fact of this state's low population base and non-metropolitian/big city  culture was washed out by the style of football being played then:  just hard hitting run/option tough ball.  That kind of football and the kind of coaching it required (throw a real block!  you're not dancing with him!  "hit him harder!  hat to hat or put your helmet in his belly!  drive him to the ground, hard!!" etc)  morphed into something else entirely.  Hell, there are girls starting on high school teams now, and a few colleges, as linebackers and quarterbacks, not just kickers.  It's changing.   Get ready for more;  rules will eventually have to change (even more so) too.. think about it. 

Rules are already changing radically in efforts to protect players more.  Rules that insurance lobbyists push through about everything from equipment to how a tackle can be made legally to which positions can be hit certain ways and which ones can't be hit that way. 

So, what's changing?  Football itself.  The "60 minutes of football and a half-hour halftime" game is twice as long now and more.  Remember the hour and a half games of old?  Reviews and consultations by officials and often questionable, strange "injury" time outs and commercials stretch the game to four and five hours now.  Hello snoozers goodbye momentum.

Nebraska thrived when it was about eleven guys and their assigned target, offence and defence and that was about it.  Big guys on the line, fast guys at halfback, and a good quarterback.  The programs that have adapted well and move along with the times have that ability because they have huge recruitment bases, and other reasons of course.  Nebraska is still at a disadvantage even in this age of jet travelling to recruit:  it ain't working. 

• Plus1 2

33 minutes ago, Huskersince62 said:

Wow...we are definitely living in times of instant gratification. I am a new member as far as posting...have been reading posts for some time now...but after reading this post..I just had to sign up so I could comment. Yes..this season in disappointing based on the expectations we all had coming into this year..I admit..I drank the koolaid   and predicted a nine win season...but so called fans throwing in the towel ..giving up season tickets..in season two of a massive rebuilding project is beyond me. So go ahead..step aside and turn in your tickets...there are dozens of people lined up behind you to pick up the slack.GBR

instant gratification?? this "massive rebuild" has been going on for 18 years through 5 coaching regimes...hardly "instant gratification" sounds more like insanity...keep doing the same thing expecting a different outcome...

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, gobiggergoredder said:

March 2020 everyone will be jacked up again.  July 2020 we will be talking about winning the west....again.

Doubt it unless the rest of our season goes well, and that’s unlikely. There was good reason to think the team would continue to get better after the way last season ended. 

• Fire 1