i never thought i'd say this, but i'm turning in my season tickets at the end of the year.

BoSolich

Keep your tickets, even keep paying the donation.  There are PLENTY of Kool-Aid drinkers out there, eating up what the media is spewing, drinking up what the coaches are spouting off about.  They will gladly pay TOP DOLLAR for tickets.  My guess, with a little leg work, you could turn over about a 50% profit.  Key is, sell the tickets early in the season, hopefully before the first game even happens.  That way, the con job is still running hot and the Kool-Aid drinkers are guzzling at a feverish pitch yet.  You will get top $$$ then for the seats.  My grandfather once told me.....there is a sucker born every minute son, just don't be one of them !

5 minutes ago, 10_point_buck said:

Keep your tickets, even keep paying the donation.  There are PLENTY of Kool-Aid drinkers out there, eating up what the media is spewing, drinking up what the coaches are spouting off about.  They will gladly pay TOP DOLLAR for tickets.  My guess, with a little leg work, you could turn over about a 50% profit.  Key is, sell the tickets early in the season, hopefully before the first game even happens.  That way, the con job is still running hot and the Kool-Aid drinkers are guzzling at a feverish pitch yet.  You will get top $$$ then for the seats.  My grandfather once told me.....there is a sucker born every minute son, just don't be one of them !

Even if I know the team is bad I still will want to come to the games. My husker fandom isn't based on performance. I want my team to win every time, every national title. But no matter what they do out on that field I will still support them because I love college football and I love the Huskers. There is no one else to support. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

Even if I know the team is bad I still will want to come to the games. My husker fandom isn't based on performance. I want my team to win every time, every national title. But no matter what they do out on that field I will still support them because I love college football and I love the Huskers. There is no one else to support. 

I used to feel much the same way.  Season tickets now for going on 25 years.  What I realized, life happens and it becomes harder and harder for me to put life aside to go and cheer the team on in person.  I go to 4-5 a year now, but as life continues to happen, I see that decreasing to 2-3 a year going forward.  I do enjoy going to volleyball and have had season tix since they moved to Devaney.  It is a quicker game, with a lot of action and very talented athletes competing.  It is also not a full day commitment, which is also a bonus as life continues to happen.  Hit me up next season as I know I'll have tix to sell for football.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Jeremy said:

Fortunately, there are a lot of other people that'll snatch those tickets up right quick. If I had the money, I would, for sure. Losing seasons or not, the Red runs deep in this state, and we'll keep showing up, in all kinds of weather. 

Those people waiting for tickets are getting scarce.  With better TV coverage, a continued poor product on field and the fact games continue to get longer with more pauses in the action makes for a worse experience in the stands.  Evidence can be seen with NU slowly removing seats and reports of tickets remaining deep into the summer a few years ago.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

If your willing to pay, you can get season tickets. Over the last 25 years,  I’ve dropped mine. Got different ones. Dropped those for a few years. Purchased new ones. Got moved up 10 rows because NU wanted more donation. Dropped those after a few years. Got new ones. You can get good seats if you want to pay for it. The University will make room. If the DC can’t figure out a 4-2-5 soon, the seat choices will get better when you are ready to return. 

• Fire 1