i never thought i'd say this, but i'm turning in my season tickets at the end of the year.

BoSolich

11 minutes ago, Husker66 said:

instant gratification?? this "massive rebuild" has been going on for 18 years through 5 coaching regimes...hardly "instant gratification" sounds more like insanity...keep doing the same thing expecting a different outcome...

People are acting like losing is something new.  How people haven't gotten somewhat used to it by now is the shocking thing to me.

I am, however, convinced we are living in an ancestor simulation whose sole purpose is to see how much pain and misery can be inflicted on Nebraska fans before they stop showing up to the games and end the sell out streak.  In the real future, Nebraska continues their dominance from the 80s/90s and wins thousands of national championships.  Our version of reality is too see how much crap we can put through before giving up.

13 hours ago, BoSolich said:

He's doing worse than Riley did through 2 years, so i don't know how you can say things are going to get better. Maybe we will get better, but i'm not seeing any signs of it.

Less than a 2 year window.  I'd hate to see how many coaches you'd burn through if you were our athletic director.

Really though I could care less that you are jumping ship.

giphy.gif

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Scratchtown said:

I haven’t been to a game in Lincoln rooting for Nebraska since the Bo Pelini era.

the last game I went to in Lincoln was the Oregon game and was wearing yellow and rooting for Oregon.

fwiw I don’t like when Oregon plays NU. 

Funny story. I'm planning a little project about Memorial Stadium, and I've been looking for decent shots of the exterior. Ran across this one this morning, an undated photo. I thought maybe it was from yesterday - until I saw the Oregon bus in the south parking lot. 

Hl8s4yI.jpg

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Funny story. I'm planning a little project about Memorial Stadium, and I've been looking for decent shots of the exterior. Ran across this one this morning, an undated photo. I thought maybe it was from yesterday - until I saw the Oregon bus in the south parking lot. 

Hl8s4yI.jpg

Have to love the two opposite side of the stadium where their fans are. 

18 hours ago, BoSolich said:

i'm simply not seeing improvement. i spend too much money to watch a mediocre product. there's simply no excuse for Indiana to beat us in our own home.

i will continue to support the skers, but from the comfort of my own home.

gbr

Hopefully more join you. I've been thinking of getting them for a few years now, and I wouldn't mind having options.

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, Huckleberry Muhammad said:

I'm keeping our season tix.  But I do recall that back in the days Nebraska was perennially good, very good, the fact of this state's low population base and non-metropolitian/big city  culture was washed out by the style of football being played then:  just hard hitting run/option tough ball.  That kind of football and the kind of coaching it required (throw a real block!  you're not dancing with him!  "hit him harder!  hat to hat or put your helmet in his belly!  drive him to the ground, hard!!" etc)  morphed into something else entirely.  Hell, there are girls starting on high school teams now, and a few colleges, as linebackers and quarterbacks, not just kickers.  It's changing.   Get ready for more;  rules will eventually have to change (even more so) too.. think about it. 

Rules are already changing radically in efforts to protect players more.  Rules that insurance lobbyists push through about everything from equipment to how a tackle can be made legally to which positions can be hit certain ways and which ones can't be hit that way. 

So, what's changing?  Football itself.  The "60 minutes of football and a half-hour halftime" game is twice as long now and more.  Remember the hour and a half games of old?  Reviews and consultations by officials and often questionable, strange "injury" time outs and commercials stretch the game to four and five hours now.  Hello snoozers goodbye momentum.

Nebraska thrived when it was about eleven guys and their assigned target, offence and defence and that was about it.  Big guys on the line, fast guys at halfback, and a good quarterback.  The programs that have adapted well and move along with the times have that ability because they have huge recruitment bases, and other reasons of course.  Nebraska is still at a disadvantage even in this age of jet travelling to recruit:  it ain't working. 

phone bad, book good

• Haha 1
On 10/26/2019 at 10:38 PM, BoSolich said:

i'm simply not seeing improvement. i spend too much money to watch a mediocre product. there's simply no excuse for Indiana to beat us in our own home.

i will continue to support the skers, but from the comfort of my own home.

gbr

giphy.gif

16 hours ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

Nick Saban. He didn't exactly have a stellar career at Michigan St or in the NFL and now he leads one of the greatest college football dynasties ever.

Nick Saban turned MSU around then won a NC at LSU. He had a great resume when Alabama hired him

• Plus1 3