Concerning

You can’t make the comments about the previous regime’s players to the media that Frost does. In fact you can’t even make that statement behind closed doors to the previous regime’s players. Who’s gonna play hard for someone that puts them down and degrates them constantly? They’ve quit on him 

Just get to 6 wins and I'll say this was a successful season. There is no excuse for losing to Purdue or Maryland. Win those games and I'll be content with this season. 

For the long term. Itll be year 4 before I can see Nebraska sniffing a west division title. Frost has to remanage the entire roster. When Riley was here the lines were completely f'd up. Other position groups just as bad.

• Plus1 2
21 hours ago, Nebhawk said:

I think everyone involved in this process of replacing Pelini and Riley took poor angles.  I think fan base, current staff, and others involved(media) have pointed at how bad of shape this program is in because of previous regimes.  I think in doing so, we have forgotten that we have players who were recruited by those groups and maybe they are fed up with being the poster boys for lacklusterness.  This is why we need to get to an era of only Frost recruited players in a Frost scheme.  Until that happens, we don't know really anything about how this program can look.  

Believe it or not, I’m still excited about what Frost can do.

The BIG is a different kind of conference full of cold weather mastodons who beat up their own teams to the point that the one who can still field a team at the end of the season is the conference champion...(assuming the mega-donor schools full of 5 stars are on probation, if not, just forget it).

Unfortunately the bulldozer style doesn’t win many NCs.

Do we want to be boring like them in order to compete with the 70’s NFL style or do we want to keep going for the West Coast wide open style to have a chance against the best?

I think Frost has the right idea on offense but I think Pelini’s staff was on the right defensive track before everything got weird between Carl-Marvin and the administration-donors.

We need Suhs in their backfield.

3 hours ago, 10_point_buck said:

One of many issues, not THE issue.  Ok Mr. Kool-Aid, how many of the top programs practice at 6am?  I remember college and how much attention to details I was aware of at that time of the day.  As bad as we are, a full review is needed.

We don't practice at 6am though? 

Here's the practice schedule this isn't exactly early: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.huskermax.com/2019-nebraska-football-fall-camp-schedule/amp/

3 hours ago, Hayseed said:

Believe it or not, I’m still excited about what Frost can do.

The BIG is a different kind of conference full of cold weather mastodons who beat up their own teams to the point that the one who can still field a team at the end of the season is the conference champion...(assuming the mega-donor schools full of 5 stars are on probation, if not, just forget it).

Unfortunately the bulldozer style doesn’t win many NCs.

Do we want to be boring like them in order to compete with the 70’s NFL style or do we want to keep going for the West Coast wide open style to have a chance against the best?

I think Frost has the right idea on offense but I think Pelini’s staff was on the right defensive track before everything got weird between Carl-Marvin and the administration-donors.

We need Suhs in their backfield.

11/14 of B1G teams run the spread option/screen/ZR/RPO game and this year it's nearly 12/14 because Sparty is running a lot more gun than they have in the past.  

Scott even said that Indiana does a lot of the same things we do.  

In all honesty, if we went full in with Osborne's playbook, we would be quite unique and hard to prepare for. That being said, we're moving the ball well, even with a freshman center snapping to a backfield composed of true freshmen. 

• Plus1 1
8 hours ago, WyoHusker56 said:

I imagine a lot of guys take online/hybrid classes and the remaining ones are probably afternoon. Idk about you but when I was in college 90% of my classes were noon or later. 

athletes classes are scheduled first and put together in such a way as to be efficient as possible around practice schedule. they typically have an academic  counselor and a counselor who schedules, communicates with teachers all year long for practices, during game week, studying on the road with tutors etc.  etc.

these kids have little  to do with their class schedules...

• Plus1 1
14 hours ago, 10_point_buck said:

Obviously, the whole mornings practice thing is not working either.  Again, force feeding a square peg into a round hole.  Why not have normal afternoon practices and maybe attention to detail will be there.  If this is carrying over to Gameday walk through, maybe that is on the coach?  Stubborn Scotty Frosty at his best

Wow. Childish much?

2 hours ago, Husker66 said:

athletes classes are scheduled first and put together in such a way as to be efficient as possible around practice schedule. they typically have an academic  counselor and a counselor who schedules, communicates with teachers all year long for practices, during game week, studying on the road with tutors etc.  etc.

Makes sense! Thanks for the insight!

2 hours ago, Husker66 said:

Yeah, the football players aren't getting on N-Roll (or whatever online system they use now) trying to get into the best time of Philosophy 106.

9 hours ago, teachercd said:

N-Roll!!!!

"Philosophy 106, meeting Monday, Wednesday Friday at 9am - 9:50am at Richards Hall...is full"

f#&%!!!!!

that's so funny.... then you find out the only class options  left open are at 8 am mwf or 4pm mwf on the other side of campus and all your other classes are snuggled in from 11-2 mwf. haven't thought about that in 30 years. awesome

• Haha 1