Concerning

5 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Hahahah!  4pm!!!  My god...was that even an option!  

f#&%ing N-Roll!

that's when you pivot to Summer school Juco . 10-12, late enough to not be hung over, early enough to take a nap, hit the the gym before rinse repeat, everyone gets an A "cause its summer!"

2 minutes ago, Husker66 said:

that's when you pivot to Summer school Juco . 10-12, late enough to not be hung over, early enough to take a nap, hit the the gym before rinse repeat, everyone gets an A "cause its summer!"

Ha!

Do you remember how you would have THE PERFECT schedule mapped out...and then you dial in to N-Roll and the first f#&%ing class was full...and you were left scrambling!

• Haha 1
Just now, teachercd said:

Ha!

Do you remember how you would have THE PERFECT schedule mapped out...and then you dial in to N-Roll and the first f#&%ing class was full...and you were left scrambling!

I went to Iowa State, exact same thing...call in with perfect schedule and next thing you know you are considering changing your major or youll be on campus 12 hours a day....funny  memories 

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Husker66 said:

I went to Iowa State, exact same thing...call in with perfect schedule and next thing you know you are considering changing your major or youll be on campus 12 hours a day....funny  memories 

I have made that same joke so many times!  I love it!

One s#!tty class time...all of a sudden you ditch your dream of working at NASA to become a poetry major.

23 hours ago, NebraskaHarry said:

Just get to 6 wins and I'll say this was a successful season. There is no excuse for losing to Purdue or Maryland. Win those games and I'll be content with this season. 

For the long term. Itll be year 4 before I can see Nebraska sniffing a west division title. Frost has to remanage the entire roster. When Riley was here the lines were completely f'd up. Other position groups just as bad.

I wouldn't consider 6-wins a successful season. We would have been there last year if not for being screwed by Akron bolting on our tune-up game and AM being assaulted post-play. For me successful means a grade of A or B, and that's 8-4 or better. I give going  6-6 a D,  it's passing but not by much. 

On 10/27/2019 at 8:55 AM, lo country said:

The bottom line is that if guys are not buying in after 2 years and are allowed to continue to play, that is on the staff.  If guys are seen not warming up properly ie sweats at Minnie and it is not corrected, that's on the staff.  TO have Wan'dale call them out after single handedly trying to win the game should embarrass those guys.  If we had a team with he and a few other guys mentality (Luke, JoJo, Noah, JD) we'd be in good shape.  

Frost gets a pass because he is Frost.  That's also the bottom line IMHO.  At the end of last year, going 4-2 with no blow out losses, Riley's guys and the culture seemed ok.  I know Frost said most of the guys had bought in after Purdue or NW (I can't remember the game). 

Maybe starting Jurgens over Farniok has caused a rift.  Keeping Mo for as long as he did.  Maybe guys are seeing the same concerns we have ie play calling (re-rea game threads), some poor coaching decisions (TO to start the half against CU), inability to adjust . Maybe I am player "X" and the guy in front of me is good for a penalty or 3 a game and nothing happens......Crap like that wears on a player.  And what game plan doesn't include force feeding the ball to JD as a receiver, RB, Duck R whatever......

Maybe after 2 beat downs, guys are starting to doubt the process.  Getting pushed around on the LOS.  Last night the announcers made the comment after the Noa strip and fumble that the DL who hustled down showed desire and want to and that was what made that play.  Not athleticism.....  

I remember when Frost made a comment about they know how to win and what works pointing back to UCF.  Very true, they have a blueprint, but that was for the AAC......Not the B1G.  

Before posters jump on, I think FROST was and is the right hire.  If he can not do this, no one can. Firing him is not the answer.  I look at his staff and I see some  inexperience.   Ruud, is the ILB's coach.....They are constantly out of position, bite on plays and appear to be a glaring weakness of the 3-4 D......ITS ONLY HIS FIRST COACHING GIG, but they are a glaring issue.  Most have only coach in either the AAC or PAC12.  Neither known for the smash mouth physicality of the B1G.  It's a different league.  Bo found out.  Fans found out.  The players found out and I think Frost has as well.  Is he too proud to recognize what works in one spot might not work in another.  Can he get that Husker Power he has talked about?

Frost does need time.  But  he also needs to take a hard look at everything around him.  The players, staff, methodology, philosophies, schemes etc....

I just expected a lot better product in year 2. I expected a better product after a 2 week bye.  For full disclosure, until Noah went down the O was playing great IMHO.  The Noah fumble stunk, but play calling, tempo etc looked good. That D though..... 

I said when Frost was hired he gets the time.  And he should.    I never said he'd be free of criticism....

I had to take a break before finishing your post, .....but I’m starting the “3-4 is crap” bandwagon.

It flat sucks and has gained us nothing. I don’t want to “wait for the right guys”, I want the 4-3 back now. I want real DE’s pressuring the ends. I don’t want our DTs to have to struggle against five blockers the whole game while the LBs show up after a five yard gain or provide pathetic pass coverage. Heck, I’d rather see 4-2-5 than the garbage we’ve seen since Diaco showed up.

• Plus1 1