Scott Frost at half time?

KazLong

6 hours ago, Landlord said:

on one hand im as frustrated as hell and maddened as he is that these things havent been improving, but on the other i still have a really good amount of trust in his ability or at the very least his insatiable compulsion to fix them. there's no way to fake the emotions that come through in a quick little interview vignette like this. frost will drive himself mad trying to get this team up to snuff. maybe he's not capable of doing it but at the very least no rational person can think he isn't going to give every single ounce of himself trying.

Exactly. I don't know if there is a coach in the country that cares more about getting this program back to great football.

• Plus1 2

Here's what I'm tired of: I'm tired of hearing about culture in the program. Play the f****** games.

And as for "giving up touchdowns at the start of the second half," Frost needs to get in Chinander's face and tell him to blitz more than three times per game. When Tannor put his helmet into their quarterback's numbers, we almost had that f***er knocked out of the game. Don't stop until you've wrecked him. 

Then do it to the next guy that comes in.

This defense is so much sh**tier than I could have possibly imagined.

• Plus1 8
56 minutes ago, Undone said:

Here's what I'm tired of: I'm tired of hearing about culture in the program. Play the f****** games.

And as for "giving up touchdowns at the start of the second half," Frost needs to get in Chinander's face and tell him to blitz more than three times per game. When Tannor put his helmet into their quarterback's numbers, we almost had that f***er knocked out of the game. Don't stop until you've wrecked him. 

Then do it to the next guy that comes in.

This defense is so much sh**tier than I could have possibly imagined.

There's reasons you can't just blitz every other play.

One of our reasons is we can't get to the quarterback often enough.

12 minutes ago, TheSker said:

There's reasons you can't just blitz every other play.

But there's zero reason to do it as little as Chinander chooses when your secondary is struggling to cover. What he's doing is just doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results when it's the middle of the third quarter and we're getting gashed - as opposed to making adjustments.

• Plus1 4
7 minutes ago, Undone said:

But there's zero reason to do it as little as Chinander chooses when your secondary is struggling to cover. What he's doing is just doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results when it's the middle of the third quarter and we're getting gashed - as opposed to making adjustments.

I don't agree.

44 minutes ago, TheSker said:

I don't agree.

Simply put, that seems to be because you will vehemently defend Frost & his staff's ability to coach well, despite evidence to the contrary. Maybe I'm wrong there, but that's the feeling I get.

That's fine. It will take probably two years before anyone can really say who was right and who was wrong in this discussion - that I fully recognize.

• Plus1 3
2 minutes ago, Undone said:

Simply put, that seems to be because you will vehemently defend Frost & his staff's ability to coach well, despite evidence to the contrary. Maybe I'm wrong there, but that's the feeling I get.

That's fine. It will take probably two years before anyone can really say who was right and who was wrong in this discussion - that I fully recognize.

Yes, if we still have these struggles on both sides of the ball in two years, there's a problem.

The talent issue is frustrating Frost to no end right now.

1 minute ago, TheSker said:

The talent issue is frustrating Frost to no end right now.

My interpretation is considerably different: Frost is creating a narrative that talent is an issue as an excuse for their inability to take a group of completely serviceable players and - after a year and a half under their coaching - turn this defense into a unit that doesn't suck like Riley's teams.

But they can't do it.

Your/others' reply will be "but we can't do such a thing without the talent on defense."

I then come back with comparative recruiting rankings for other B1G defenses and their starting front seven to show we have equal or perhaps more relative talent.

Then the next excuse is brought to the table about "culture," "lack of toughness," or whatever the excuse du jour is.

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1