Scott Frost at half time?

KazLong

2 hours ago, Undone said:

Meaning, by the end of next season this judgment will be fair? I ask in earnest; going to add it to the running tally I have going.

I also think this is fair. If after the third season, with 3 of your recruiting classes and upperclassmen having spent the majority of their career in your scheme, it is still a complete liability it's either scheme or coaching at that point.

• Plus1 1

6 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

I am saying Pac 12 schools pass more than they run.  Only one program averages under 200 yards per game.  In the Big 10, 4 programs average under 200 yards per game.

If that's not what's being alluded to with Pac 12 play calling...then I'm not really sure what is.

Arizona:  286 pass/308 rush

ASU:  223/280

Cal:  219/301

sCUm:  289/296

Oregon:  276/301

Fightin' Beavs:  250/240**

Stanford:  283/250**

UCLA:  265/333

USC:  282/261**

yUtes:  185/346

UDub:  236/295

WAZZU:  418/134**

Four teams in the Pac 12 have more passing attempts than rushing attempts.  Those teams all have losing records and have probably had to pass more late in games to try to catch up except for WAZZU who is pass first, second and third.   

• Plus1 1

I see it as a two-way problem.  

1. Coaches are a bit clueless.  I'm not sure Chinander knows what to do in this league.  He's outclassed.  And Scott MUST learn to get into the weeds with both defense and special teams.  That's what CEO's do.  They don't get to just think about the parts of the business they liked getting their MBA's.  And he doesn't remember plays.  The best coaches and players in any trade are laser-focused on plays, especially ones that don't work.  They recount them in pressers.  It drives them to excellence.  They know details.  They major on minors.  Then, they create the right outcome next time.

2.  Talent.  We can talk about 247 composites.  We can talk about Davis twins needing a 4-3 environment for success.  How about this?  We had ZERO players drafted last year.  None.  Two who left were are most productive O players last year.  Undrafted.  Who is on anyone's radar this year?  Lamar?  Give me a break.  We have no, zero, none, not one upper classman making any NFL noise. 

When you combine these two, it's a recipe for bad football.  There is undeveloped, underperforming, underwhelming talent...and it's not being developed or maximized in a consistent way to lead to winning football.  

It's a problem.  Scott must fix it as I don't know anyone else who could or would bring NU back to relevance. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, Undone said:

I see. So we just hit a really bad run of luck with players that couldn't be developed all that well then?

More like a run of players who had their growth stunted for a few years. I wonder how that might've happened....

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

The talent excuse just doesn't apply to teams like Indiana.

Over the last three NFL drafts, Indiana has had literally twice as many players taken as Nebraska has. :(

6 hours ago, Landlord said:

No. At least, I haven't seen anyone mad? Have you? 

First of all I doubt it, but even if you're right it wouldn't have been about the words as much as the words with the combo of Bo's nasty pissy face and tone of voice and general sentiment that he'd punch the reporter if he was allowed to. Frost comes across as frustrated but considerate/respectful of the media doing their jobs. Bo came across as a resentful a$$ who hated every question ever posed.

That’s true, Bo would be more likely to respond to the reporter who wrote a critical article he didn’t like. Frost has been holding his tongue.

I think McBride would’ve been much more reserved than either of them due to his years of experience.

However, if Bo said that same thing all heck would break loose.

IMO Bo should’ve stayed a pro linebacker coach where his attitude is more accepted and where players get paid millions to perform.

IMO McBride should’ve been head coach, Solich OC, and Bohl DC and probable head coach after McBride.

7 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

So, what is a PAC12 offense to you...because you haven't answered that from my previous post.

There is no Pac 12 offense.  There are different offenses used in the league including pro style, spread and WAZZU's "Air Raid."  You used the term as a pejorative and continued by saying Pac 12 teams pass more than they run.  Multiple times in fact.  You are not correct.  I've proven that with the latest numbers from the Pac 12 website.

Only 4 teams have passed more than they have run.  That leaves a whopping eight who have run more including the two first place teams Oregon and Utah.  The only team that really passes more than they run by design is WAZZU.  The others have been put into that position because of desperation and circumstances.  Oregon State, for example, has 10 more passes than rushes but they haven't had their best tailback the past two or three games.  

"If you're going to talk in this forum, stop spouting false information."  Mainly, however, I was answering to your advice for another poster.    

7 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Here's the rub though...if it's spread offenses...Ohio State runs a spread and I doubt OP would consider their offense a Pac 12 offense.

Here's the real rub. Any offense that doesn't come out dominating and churning out 600 yards/game every game is going to be open to judgement and dismissed by some diehards around here.  If it doesn't dominate and look like the 95 offense, there is something wrong with it. Its run the ball guy over and over and you'd think, after 25 years, we could have that guy just calm down and at least keep quiet. We haven't "run" enough under any coach since Solich and run the ball guy can't be satiated because the obvious answer to a sub .500 team is to just run the ball more like we did in 95. You can't win a rational argument with run the ball guy. His world is power I or die.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1