Moose advice to Frost

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Yeah, just like when Riley's first staff was going to be so great because we had like four guys who had been defensive coordinators before.

Ya let’s not incorporate things that the top 5 teams in the nation are doing.  What do they know anyways.  Why think outside the box 

• Plus1 1

6 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

Moos won’t do this. He has stated multiple times he thinks it’s important to let his coaches coach. 

Thank goodness. No worries about Pedey Sunshine going all "gravitate to mediocrity" on anybody anymore. Moos is right to be hands off in this regard.

Thing is, the defense sucks right now. But I can't tell if they suck because Chin sucks, or the talent level sucks, or the culture and buy-in suck.

So if Frost decides to give Chin more time it is what it is and I'm not going to be upset. He probably thinks the problem isn't that Chin sucks if that's the case.

We've tried paying up to import a big-name DC - Bob Diaco. How'd that work out?

13 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Thank goodness. No worries about Pedey Sunshine going all "gravitate to mediocrity" on anybody anymore. Moos is right to be hands off in this regard.

Thing is, the defense sucks right now. But I can't tell if they suck because Chin sucks, or the talent level sucks, or the culture and buy-in suck.

So if Frost decides to give Chin more time it is what it is and I'm not going to be upset. He probably thinks the problem isn't that Chin sucks if that's the case.

We've tried paying up to import a big-name DC - Bob Diaco. How'd that work out?

Frost and Chin are best buddies. Given that, there is a considerable question of his objectivity in this matter. Look at when Bobby Bowden hired Jeff Bowden to OC at FSU. Dude was obviously in way over his head but stuck around several years

Diaco was just-that, a big name. He had one big year where things fell together, ND had some very nice talent and they got lucky a couple times to play for it all. Dude was loathed at UConn. I wouldn't dismiss hiring a proven DC because Eichorst shoved Diaco down Riley's throat. 

10 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I think after the season, Moose should sit down with Frost and not necessarily demand any coaching changes, but let him know in the best way possible that Coach Frost would benefit greatly from hiring someone who is seasoned in coaching that would be willing to come in and be sort of a second set of eyes coach (not sure of what the title would be, maybe just advisor) who is not tied to and with no loyalty to anyone in the coaching staff.  

This person could look at Roster management, coaching staff, game management decisions, etc...from an outside perspective and i believe give coach Frost some invaluable advice.  

Almost all all of our coaches are pretty young in terms of coaching at their level and could be missing a few things that would be glaring to someone looking at it from the outside in. 

Coach Frost is still the man to be here in my book and should be given 5 total years (barring any unforeseen drastic non football issues) before he starts to get on a hot seat, but that doesn’t mean he couldn’t learn from some older wisdom with no dog in the fight to help make/solidly some tough decisions that may have to be made. 

More head honchos in the room can really complicate things, usually with bad outcomes.  Environments become toxic.  I am not on board with this.

OH for sure, we know how bad Bama sucks and all the problems they are going thru, how many do they have, 20 or so as annalists?

They stretch every rule, just like we used to. 

I believe there should be a rule regarding this, and most likely there is, but they skirt the issue.  I guess if you aren't cheating you aren't winning. 

Callahan said something interesting on the KFAB show tonight.

When you put Riley’s last class and Frost first class together most are gone or don’t contribute.  He made a comment about how you have to in a sense write of Frosts first class because it was about numbers (they had no time...get best available).

Given the weaknesses on the team (Line of Scrimmage & LBs), it makes sense that after the last three classes they are where they are.

• Plus1 1