Purdue Week Pressers

Mavric

56 minutes ago, hskrfan4life said:

This the kind of attitude that I want to see changed. I understand why you feel this way because of the results. But you can still believe/hope/want them to win a game. But as always stating one team will bury another is asinine as always.

Oh believe me, I hope and want them to win, but I am a realist. We have not improved since the NIU game, we are trending backwards. We seen what happens with this offense against good defenses, we have seen what happens to this defense when they play an offense with a pulse. So tell me what is more asinine? You thinking we can beat these teams or the cold hard facts that this team is not as good as those two on the field on any given Saturday?

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, junior4949 said:

I have a gut feeling we will beat at least one of the bolded.  Now that the manhood has been questioned of this team, we're either going to come out on fire or we're going to fold like a cheap lawn chair. 

Dude, this was two weeks ago.   They should have played like they were on fire last week.

17 minutes ago, Ziebol said:

Oh believe me, I hope and want them to win, but I am a realist. We have not improved since the NIU game, we are trending backwards. We seen what happens with this offense against good defenses, we have seen what happens to this defense when they play an offense with a pulse. So tell me what is more asinine? You thinking we can beat these teams or the cold hard facts that this team is not as good as those two on the field on any given Saturday?

The team may not be as good as them on any given Saturday but we can beat them on any given Saturday. What don't you understand about that? And as a realist I bet you didn't think Illinois would beat Wisconsin. I guess that's why they play the games though.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, swmohusker said:

Sure hope none of the coaches say that they had a good, or their best practice today..  That will throw the fanbase into a frenzy. 

Or players, I think they've said it more than the coaches, but people keep deflecting it back to the coaches...

1 hour ago, hskrfan4life said:

This the kind of attitude that I want to see changed. I understand why you feel this way because of the results. But you can still believe/hope/want them to win a game. But as always stating one team will bury another is asinine as always.

We COULD beat Alabama or the New England Patriots.
Just because someone doesn’t think or see things the way you do after 8 games, doesn’t mean it needs to be changed. I’m sure he wants the Huskers to win this week just as much as you do. But believing/hoping for a win will not change the outcome. 

6 minutes ago, Waldo said:

We COULD beat Alabama or the New England Patriots.
Just because someone doesn’t think or see things the way you do after 8 games, doesn’t mean it needs to be changed. I’m sure he wants the Huskers to win this week just as much as you do. But believing/hoping for a win will not change the outcome. 

So you're telling me all my hoping has been for naught!! I just thought I was believing wrong... thanks for ruining Christmas!

3 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

So you're telling me all my hoping has been for naught!! I just thought I was believing wrong... thanks for ruining Christmas!

I know I have let myself get hopes high every week this season. Thinking ok this is the week we turn the corner like we did last year. With 4 weeks left I am exhausted and have given up on the idea we will be worth a s#!t in 2019

46 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I know I have let myself get hopes high every week this season. Thinking ok this is the week we turn the corner like we did last year. With 4 weeks left I am exhausted and have given up on the idea we will be worth a s#!t in 2019

Oh perfect, then we should be good this week!