Purdue Week Pressers

Mavric

The depressing news I learned from today’s presser is that Frost would rather get fired than fire any of his coaches. He seems to think these coaches can walk on water. I am sorry but our defense can’t stop a fly and our special teams are nonexistent. How can he stand by them, I am in complete shock. He seems to be more loyal to his coaches than husker nation. His coaches might have been good in central Florida but they are not getting it done in the BIG. If Frost does not open his mind to possibilities and the fact that some of his coaches might not be the right people at Nebraska, it is going to be a very long way back to being relevant. As of now, we are as irrelevant as Rutgers and they actually one their game this weekend. Losing to Indiana at home is inexcusable. Let us hope we win this weekend or else things will get even uglier. What possible excuse can you have if you lose to a 2-6 team that has been decimated by injuries?! 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
3 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

The depressing news I learned from today’s presser is that Frost would rather get fired than fire any of his coaches. He seems to think these coaches can walk on water. I am sorry but our defense can’t stop a fly and our special teams are nonexistent. How can he stand by them, I am in complete shock. He seems to be more loyal to his coaches than husker nation. His coaches might have been good in central Florida but they are not getting it done in the BIG. If Frost does not open his mind to possibilities and the fact that some of his coaches might not be the right people at Nebraska, it is going to be a very long way back to being relevant. As of now, we are as irrelevant as Rutgers and they actually one their game this weekend. Losing to Indiana at home is inexcusable. Let us hope we win this weekend or else things will get even uglier. What possible excuse can you have if you lose to a 2-6 team that has been decimated by injuries?! 

I think chin should be let go but honestly what do you want him to say during a press conference during the season? If comes out and says yeah chin sucks do you think anyone on defense is gonna play hard for him? Come on people complain better.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
17 hours ago, Undone said:

It's not the case. It's just the convenient excuse for giving up 38 points to an average opponent.

I've heard this said multiple times on these boards but the truth is Indiana's offense is no slouch, they scored 31 on Michigan State's D and put up 10 (more than both Wisconsin and we did) on Ohio State.  I fully expected them to score 30'ish points on us, the problem was all of the dumb mistakes (offense, defense and special teams) lost us the game.  

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1
11 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

Well, to be fair, flies are hard to stop. They can, you know...fly.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Ben Stille on the team meeting with Frost yesterday:

"There was definitely some tension on the sideline during the game so definitely just addressed the elephant in the room and definitely made a lot of people feel a lot better afterward."

It is just my opinion. But I think this just shows how soft we are as a team. That our staff had to feel bad about having tension on the sideline that they had to apologize. Then our players now feel better because our staff apologized for making them feel uncomfortable. Come the freak on. Grow a pair. I am pretty sure no one gets away with being soft at Alabama. Anyone think Saban apologizes for making the sideline tense?

This x2

5 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Ben Stille on the team meeting with Frost yesterday:

"There was definitely some tension on the sideline during the game so definitely just addressed the elephant in the room and definitely made a lot of people feel a lot better afterward."

It is just my opinion. But I think this just shows how soft we are as a team. That our staff had to feel bad about having tension on the sideline that they had to apologize. Then our players now feel better because our staff apologized for making them feel uncomfortable. Come the freak on. Grow a pair. I am pretty sure no one gets away with being soft at Alabama. Anyone think Saban apologizes for making the sideline tense?

The opponent certainly wont apologize for hurting your feelings or pride ....... 

2 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

C'mon man, give them a break.  It had to be a shock believing there could be no ice cream after the game.  Seriously though, I can't begin to explain what's going on with this generation.  It seems like Frost believes maintaining his cool and coaching in a calm manner is more effective.  The way the team has been playing it's probably a good thing Frost vents occasionally.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
3 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

C'mon man, give them a break.  It had to be a shock believing there could be no ice cream after the game.  Seriously though, I can't begin to explain what's going on with this generation.  It seems like Frost believes maintaining his cool and coaching in a calm manner is more effective.  The way the team has been playing it's probably a good thing Frost vents occasionally.

Frost wants the culture of toughness to come from within the team.  It seems like every other time Frost mentions toughness the names Jason Peter and Grant Wistrom come out.

Those guys were brutal to Frost on scout team when he transferred....but Frost didn't back down and earned respect.

The mentality of softness is probably the most lingering affect of ice cream man.

• Plus1 1