Purdue Week Pressers

Mavric

1 hour ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Great News, the team has had a nasty habit of not being very resilient over the years when a star players goes down, I hope Martinez playing pumps up all of the players and perhaps Martinez will also return better than he was a play a bit more fast and loose.  

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, TheSker said:

Frost wants the culture of toughness to come from within the team.  It seems like every other time Frost mentions toughness the names Jason Peter and Grant Wistrom come out.

Those guys were brutal to Frost on scout team when he transferred....but Frost didn't back down and earned respect.

The mentality of softness is probably the most lingering affect of ice cream man.

I love that Frost wants the team to be tough and references some of the old guys who were badass. Like Peter and Wistrom. But how can you build a culture of toughness when you apologize to the team for making the sideline tense? That is just fostering the "I need a safe space" soft as melted ice cream culture. 

It should be tense and uncomfortable if you lose to a perennial bottom feeder in Indiana. If its not tense and everyone is having a good time on the sideline losing then we have a bigger problem.

• Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I love that Frost wants the team to be tough and references some of the old guys who were badass. Like Peter and Wistrom. But how can you build a culture of toughness when you apologize to the team for making the sideline tense? That is just fostering the "I need a safe space" soft as melted ice cream culture. 

It should be tense and uncomfortable if you lose to a perennial bottom feeder in Indiana. If its not tense and everyone is having a good time on the sideline losing then we have a bigger problem.

First off, you don't know exactly what Frost said to the team.

And second, he doesn't want to lose the team while trying to get bowl eligible.

And third, why do you second guess literally everything he does?

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1

10 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

You have no clue what exactly transpired.  I can completely relate to managing people who I expect to perform at a high level....but yet realize when I make a mistake and have to apologize for my attitude or what I said.  

• Plus1 4
Just now, TheSker said:

First off, you don't know exactly what Frost said to the team.

And second, he doesn't want to lose the team while trying to get bowl eligible.

And third why do you second guess literally everything he does?

They said he apologized to the team for things getting tense on the sideline. 

Your assuming he would lose the team? 

I dont. I think chinander sucks and I personally think the apologizing thing is dumb

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

They said he apologized to the team for things getting tense on the sideline. 

Your assuming he would lose the team? 

I dont. I think chinander sucks and I personally think the apologizing thing is dumb

Chinander isn't going anywhere.  So there's that....

Frost's resume and the coaches and mentors he's had around him is pretty impressive.  I'll give him the absolute  benefit of the doubt on how to handle a football team versus a line from Denzel Washington in a movie.

Oh....and "they said".....lol.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Ben Stille on the team meeting with Frost yesterday:

"There was definitely some tension on the sideline during the game so definitely just addressed the elephant in the room and definitely made a lot of people feel a lot better afterward."

It is just my opinion. But I think this just shows how soft we are as a team. That our staff had to feel bad about having tension on the sideline that they had to apologize. Then our players now feel better because our staff apologized for making them feel uncomfortable. Come the freak on. Grow a pair. I am pretty sure no one gets away with being soft at Alabama. Anyone think Saban apologizes for making the sideline tense?

I see what you're saying - to a point.  However, as a manager/leader of people, you (Frost, in this case) have to be able to vary your leadership style based on the people you're leading.  I'm not sure how much this team, as a whole, actually trusts the coaching staff at this point.  Until that "trust equity" is built up, this team probably won't be able to hold up or understand why they're being chastised.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, rocketlb said:

I see what you're saying - to a point.  However, as a manager/leader of people, you (Frost, in this case) have to be able to vary your leadership style based on the people you're leading.  I'm not sure how much this team, as a whole, actually trusts the coaching staff at this point.  Until that "trust equity" is built up, this team probably won't be able to hold up or understand why they're being chastised.

The coaching staff has been here for 2 years. If a player can’t see or trust that what this staff is doing is better than Riley’s clusterf&$k, then there is no hope. I could see some of Bo’s players doing this, but not Riley’s. 

• Fire 3
2 hours ago, Waldo said:

The coaching staff has been here for 2 years. If a player can’t see or trust that what this staff is doing is better than Riley’s clusterf&$k, then there is no hope. I could see some of Bo’s players doing this, but not Riley’s. 

Also buy in seemed fine the 2nd half of last year. But now that we suck in year 2 we are back to buy in being the problem?

• Plus1 2