Miles Jones to Enter Transfer Portal

Mavric

2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I realize the 2018 class was Frost's first class, and in many ways a fire drill to fill open scholarships, but with that being said, I'm curious as to why the attrition rate is so high. These were guys that the staff thought were at least somewhat a good fit for what Frost wants to do here, and were worth spending the scholarship money on. Then again, I don't know what the average attrition rate is for Big10 schools when it comes to guys leaving. 9 seems like a high number, but maybe it's not too outrageous once the data is examined..... 

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, Jarhead In Red said:

I realize the 2018 class was Frost's first class, and in many ways a fire drill to fill open scholarships, but with that being said, I'm curious as to why the attrition rate is so high. These were guys that the staff thought were at least somewhat a good fit for what Frost wants to do here, and were worth spending the scholarship money on. Then again, I don't know what the average attrition rate is for Big10 schools when it comes to guys leaving. 9 seems like a high number, but maybe it's not too outrageous once the data is examined..... 

I'd say the fire drill comparison is pretty apt. Just look at the 19 class for some relief of your worries. We are gonna hold onto alot more of those guys.

• Plus1 1

It’s frustrating too because 2016 wasn’t even a fantastic class or anything. We had several players from that class who either didn’t pan out or are off the team now.

But we’d be in a much better spot if ‘17 had the same number of players making contributions as the ‘16 class.

Bootle, Spielman, Lamar Jackson, Miller, Wilson, Stoll, Stille, Domann, Farniok, and Dismuke. Some of those guys definitely have some flaws, but they’re at least contributing. ‘17 contributors are Jaimes, Damion Daniels, and Austin Allen. :blink:

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, Jarhead In Red said:

Of those 9, we also have 3 suspended currently so that exacerbates that number. I definitely think the rush to fill the class impacted things a lot.

Just now, Nebfanatic said:

I'd say the fire drill comparison is pretty apt. Just look at the 19 class for some relief of your worries. We are gonna hold onto alot more of those guys.

Ya, I know Frost didn't have much time to evaluate and establish relationships with the 2018 guys, and that's why I give him more of a pass on that class. On the surface, it looked like a guy like Jones would be a good fit, and there was definitely opportunities to get on the field this year. But, maybe he was one of the ones who just didn't want to work as hard as Frost demanded.....

7 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

It’s frustrating too because 2016 wasn’t even a fantastic class or anything. We had several players from that class who either didn’t pan out or are off the team now.

But we’d be in a much better spot if ‘17 had the same number of players making contributions as the ‘16 class.

Bootle, Spielman, Lamar Jackson, Miller, Wilson, Stoll, Stille, Domann, Farniok, and Dismuke. Some of those guys definitely have some flaws, but they’re at least contributing. ‘17 contributors are Jaimes, Damion Daniels, and Austin Allen. :blink:

Exactly. Even the competition provided from more depth would have been a huge plus. 

• Plus1 1