The NCAA will allow athletes to profit from their name, image, and likeness

Dagerow

16 minutes ago, grandpasknee said:

I'm lazy and didn't read all six pages.  Is there any concern or comment regarding the OL players that get no recognition (so no $$$) yet are the ones that allow the 'stars' to be famous and recognizable?

They figure the qb will just use their extra cash to by them isotoners. Saul good

• 2 weeks later...

Imagine if all those players Frost had to kick off from attrition of his first class and the "Mike Riley guys" who were uncommitted got paid to ruin our program and bring us the worse gotd*mn seasons of our lives in regards to Nebraska football in over 60+ d*mn years. 

F*ck that. 

16 hours ago, That.1.Dude said:

Imagine if all those players Frost had to kick off from attrition of his first class and the "Mike Riley guys" who were uncommitted got paid to ruin our program and bring us the worse gotd*mn seasons of our lives in regards to Nebraska football in over 60+ d*mn years. 

F*ck that. 

*whew*

Well.. could be more of that (program trashed).   But here at Nebraska even a slight upswing in wins will be appreciated.  Thing is, national news media would show little to no interest until Nebraska football is "back."  Then the agents for these players will have something to chew on. 

19 minutes ago, Huckleberry Muhammad said:

*whew*

Well.. could be more of that (program trashed).   But here at Nebraska even a slight upswing in wins will be appreciated.  Thing is, national news media would show little to no interest until Nebraska football is "back."  Then the agents for these players will have something to chew on. 

National publications have put us in the top 25 again this year. The national media shows plenty of interest in our program already 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
10 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Couldn't anyone then pay the players $20k for a signed football? I smell $EC 

That's the sort of stuff they'll have to sort out, but I imagine they'll try and keep those types of transactions out. Hard to argue your signature isn't your "name" though, so curious to see how they try and tackle it.

19 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Couldn't anyone then pay the players $20k for a signed football? I smell $EC 

Why do you not think Nebraska boosters could do the same thing? Where did this perception come from that the south is loaded with rich boosters and the rest of the country isn't? You don't think that a higher percentage of good recruits go to SEC schools because....that's also where they're from?

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, runningblind said:

Why do you not think Nebraska boosters could do the same thing? Where did this perception come from that the south is loaded with rich boosters and the rest of the country isn't? You don't think that a higher percentage of good recruits go to SEC schools because....that's also where they're from?

I think the issue right now is that the SEC is already doing this at a higher rate than most other conferences. Allowing it to be more above board will give schools that were doing it less a better shot.

• Plus1 1