The NCAA will allow athletes to profit from their name, image, and likeness

Dagerow

3 hours ago, knapplc said:

Blake Lawrence's and Adi Kunalic's business with a huge partnership. Congratulations!

It's great to see so many former Huskers do well in business ventures later in life.

These NIL movements have me nervous about college sports in general but I'm glad people like this are finding ways to pioneer in these spaces and helping our school and student athletes in the process.

59 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

I hope Blake is better at this NIL thing than he is at announcing Nebraska High School football State Finals. He was awful at that. Poorly prepared, all cliches, little insight and sounded like he had marbles in his mouth. 

Blake spoke at the 2008 Bo Pelini Foundation Women's Clinic and was very well-spoken and articulate. 

• Plus1 3
15 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Blake spoke at the 2008 Bo Pelini Foundation Women's Clinic and was very well-spoken and articulate. 

Glad you and your girlfriends enjoyed him. Ive watched him announce several games and he was awful and difficult to understand at times. It was obvious he hadnt put any time into researching the teams. His analysis was very superficial and he had a tough time keeping up with the game. 

12 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

Glad you and your girlfriends enjoyed him. Ive watched him announce several games and he was awful and difficult to understand at times. It was obvious he hadnt put any time into researching the teams. His analysis was very superficial and he had a tough time keeping up with the game. 

Ehh, he's doing a small gig for a few days.  Do you actually expect the guy to review the 2-deep roster for the teams in Class C and D football?

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, Decked said:

How does any of this relate to his social media branding? Some of you guys are miserable. 

Sorry- Im just no a fan of lazy and poor announcing. I really enjoy watching all those games. Lawrence was deer in the headlights bad and in serious need of a shave.  Benning does a fantastic job at it, Lawrence and Stai are the complete opposite- both awful and no research- none. 

2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Ehh, he's doing a small gig for a few days.  Do you actually expect the guy to review the 2-deep roster for the teams in Class C and D football?

1 deep is all you need. Benning does- he gets the names right, has background stories and knows their seasons. Knows the offenses- defenses, the xs and os- really professional. His analysis is top notch as well- and keeps up with the game. 

1 minute ago, Nebraska55fan said:

1 deep is all you need. Benning does- he gets the names right, has background stories and knows their seasons. Knows the offenses- defenses, the xs and os- really professional. His analysis is top notch as well- and keeps up with the game. 

Benning also coaches high school football, so he probably knows nearly every coach and many of the kids.  I will give Lawrence the benefit of the doubt because he didn't put a ton of time and research into doing some side work.

• Plus1 3
2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Benning also coaches high school football, so he probably knows nearly every coach and many of the kids.  I will give Lawrence the benefit of the doubt because he didn't put a ton of time and research into doing some side work.

Benning announces other classes- not just class A. This is a multi year observation- it's seriously baaad . Lawrence gets some of the basics wrong, formations etc- he gets the tacklers and ballcarriers wrong- has tough time keeping up. He just isnt an announcer- neither is Stai