The NCAA will allow athletes to profit from their name, image, and likeness

Dagerow

19 hours ago, knapplc said:

Really awesome that one of our former Huskers is doing well and some miserable person has to come vent their spleen and derail the conversation with a completely irrelevant personal opinion.

I guess some people are above reproach, cant be critiqued. Tom Osborne- no problem, Blake- NO way, hands off LOL. 

Heaven forbid that a player or someone connected to the program or an announcer is factually criticized for something they do very poorly. On an opinion message board none the less. A board first- oh the horror :dunno

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
52 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

Heaven forbid that a player or someone connected to the program or an announcer is factually criticized for something they do very poorly. On an opinion message board none the less. A board first- oh the horror :dunno

I don't think we've spent enough time factually criticizing the fact that he didn't shave before putting his voice on the air. Seems pretty serious :laughpound

And I wanna know how many girlfriends knapplc has 

• Haha 3
2 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

I don't think we've spent enough time factually criticizing the fact that he didn't shave before putting his voice on the air. Seems pretty serious :laughpound

And I wanna know how many girlfriends knapplc has 

Isnt kapplc a woman? She/He said she/he had gone to Pelini's Womans Coaching Clinic- sounded like it was for females. If Im wrong I apologize. 

I had no idea this was a "safe space" "message board" where I guess a small cadre of former Huskers who do something really poorly cant be factually critiqued. It seems Coach Osborne and nearly anyone else is free game, people can talk about Frosts chewing and beard- but Blake Lawrence somehow is off limits- got it, didnt know he was on that list. Will make the proper adjustments in regards to St Blake. chuckleshuffle

• Haha 1

Can we please stop engaging with this guy and talk about the Opendorse stuff? I also think it's pretty cool they're incorporating the journalism and business schools into this. Those are real skills that need to be developed for big-time athletes and our athletic department has clearly thought about this a lot.

• Plus1 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, J-MAGIC said:

Can we please stop engaging with this guy and talk about the Opendorse stuff? I also think it's pretty cool they're incorporating the journalism and business schools into this. Those are real skills that need to be developed for big-time athletes and our athletic department has clearly thought about this a lot.

I agree. It's refreshing to be on the front of something.

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

What is there that stops a booster from going to a top recruit and saying, if you come to our school, I’ll pay you $1,000,000 to tweet about my company while here?

You can't ask questions like this.  You can only assume the the draconian NCAA has only put all these rules in place because it wants all the schools to profit off the work on "unpaid" employees and will do everything it can to keep them down.

• Oh Yeah! 1

22 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

What is there that stops a booster from going to a top recruit and saying, if you come to our school, I’ll pay you $1,000,000 to tweet about my company while here?

All I gotta say is I hope some of you bastards are rich. Let’s buy a natty. 

• Oh Yeah! 1
38 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm totally clueless on the specific legalese of these laws, but my guess would be that NIL legislation is only applicable for students currently enrolled, and the NCAA will have rules against promises of ____ in the future to combat that sort of thing.

Not that it wouldn't happen. But it's not like players aren't getting paid illegally now even though there's rules against it.

17 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

The longevity of that company would be in serious question... but I get what you are saying. Boosters and their companies will likely reallocate resources and Nebraska companies and boosters are ripe for making that investment in student-athletes. Come be a big fish in a small pond.