The NCAA will allow athletes to profit from their name, image, and likeness

Dagerow

Just now, J-MAGIC said:

I am not agreeing with you; the facilities are not being built for them. The athletes catch tangential benefits from the facilities being built, but they are being built for the athletic departments and schools to make more money.

They are being built to attract the best athletes.  Without them, those athletes go somewhere else.

You agreed it was being built for recruiting (players) and the players get benefit from them.

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

They are being built to attract the best athletes.  Without them, those athletes go somewhere else.

You agreed it was being built for recruiting (players) and the players get benefit from them.

Yeah I'm not gonna waste my time on this one. 

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, J-MAGIC said:

All due respect but I feel like that's a skewed way of presenting it. They're being built to recruit the best players possible to ensure program success, which brings in higher levels of revenue for the school and lets the coaches and administrators keep their jobs.

Do the players get to benefit from them? Yes. Are these colleges spending billions on escalating and lavish improvements because they want their players to have the best facilities out of the kindness of their hearts? Absolutely not. Nothing about it is altruistic; it's serving the schools just as much, if not more, than the players. 

If there was no Skool  there would be no need for players. Just quit with the chicken/egg thing. 

football is only entertainment. Fans and donors are actually the blood. 

2 hours ago, krc1995 said:

Laptops and stipends didn’t do us much good. Lol

Next

Maybe they can start a class on the importance of not committing turnovers or stupid penalties.  And then provide a stipend for those who do well demonstrating their educational learning experience .   I wonder if that would fly?

9 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I don't have a problem with this quote in the tweet except for one thing.  It's trying to act like building lavish new facilities are for everyone except the student athlete....which is BS.  If it weren't for the student athlete, we wouldn't be spending $50,000,000 on new facilities.  It's specifically FOR THEM and to attract them.  They get access to these amazing facilities, tutors and trainers that the average student doesn't.  

Kavanaugh just destroyed the NCAA if the right lawsuit is brought to SCOTUS.

image.png.dfa317c29925b9ad5c5ac16612b0b040.png

• Plus1 3

58 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

Maybe they can start a class on the importance of not committing turnovers or stupid penalties.  And then provide a stipend for those who do well demonstrating their educational learning experience .   I wonder if that would fly?

Why go to class at all? A BS to all these high earning 20 year olds is worthless. 

unless it’s how to pose for the Heisman. Offered only at the 400 level. Wouldn’t want them leaving early. 

I’m thinking the Army/Navy game is going to be extra special. Too me at least.