The NCAA will allow athletes to profit from their name, image, and likeness

Dagerow

5 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Girl scouts of america is a cookie company that uses 100% free labor. 

Except nearly 100% of that stays local. The CEO of GSA makes like $200k a year which is a pretty modest CEO salary. College athletes free labor helps fund multimillion dollar salaries for coaches, ADs, commissioners and presidents. 

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Except nearly 100% of that stays local. The CEO of GSA makes like $200k a year which is a pretty modest CEO salary. College athletes free labor helps fund multimillion dollar salaries for coaches, ADs, commissioners and presidents. 

on average they sell $800 million dollars worth of cookies a year.  How much goes back into those girls?  Do they have awesome facilities to hone their sales techniques?  Top of the line medical treatment if they pull a muscle running from door to door?  nope.  

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, WyoHusker56 said:

All local 

• Plus1 1
On 6/19/2021 at 7:32 AM, teachercd said:

I will also say this, watching HS film is hard enough, as in, trying to figure out what the hell is going on, dudes pulling wrong, guys lined up wrong, some teams run offenses that hide the ball really well.  If it is hard to watch film it has to be really hard to do it live.  

I had to scout some crap as C1 team years ago that ran a Wing T, from the side view on the stands it was a huge pain in the a$$ to figure out who had the ball.

Wing T- you just need to know the basic plays to look for. We played a Wing T team in 2015 that was blowing everyone up. Stop the Buck Sweep first- trap/off tackle play. Can usually key the pulling guards. Then Power, waggle pass/boot, wing counter, down. Some run belly or jet stuff too. But its usually just a handful of well executed plays. I stopped scouting live years ago- Hudl only after that. 

It was obvious he hadnt invested any time like Benning had and he wasnt even getting the basics right, down distance, penalties etc

• Plus1 1
39 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

Wing T- you just need to know the basic plays to look for. We played a Wing T team in 2015 that was blowing everyone up. Stop the Buck Sweep first- trap/off tackle play. Can usually key the pulling guards. Then Power, waggle pass/boot, wing counter, down. Some run belly or jet stuff too. But its usually just a handful of well executed plays. I stopped scouting live years ago- Hudl only after that. 

It was obvious he hadnt invested any time like Benning had and he wasnt even getting the basics right, down distance, penalties etc

That was the problem, I did not know the basics of what to look for!  Ha

Does anyone live scout anymore?  I can't imagine that is a thing, back in the day that had to be a great way for coaches to get the hell out of the house, watch a game and then go grab some beers.

13 minutes ago, teachercd said:

That was the problem, I did not know the basics of what to look for!  Ha

Does anyone live scout anymore?  I can't imagine that is a thing, back in the day that had to be a great way for coaches to get the hell out of the house, watch a game and then go grab some beers.

I did it like twice while I was coaching.  2 teams I had already seen on tape.  My scouting report: "they suck just as much live as they do on film"

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2