The NCAA will allow athletes to profit from their name, image, and likeness

Dagerow

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Another interesting thing to watch is when an athlete does something that damages his/her image and these NIL opportunities go away.

This might make some athletes think about that a little more and be willing to stay out of trouble.

Yes.. this.. I find it intriguing.  The things that could damage the value of the athlete's name/persona are often in the news.  The denials and/or apologies will now mean something more than unfairness, and the host of political issues often brought up in these situations.  It'll also be about money.

50 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I wonder when the first time a player does something that technically isn't against the rules for NIL but is highly inappropriate and is a bad look for the program.....and what will the response be?  Not sure what that might be.  But, I'm sure it will happen at some point.

E5Nx68yXMAAeqbI?format=jpg&name=small

• Plus1 1

I think most of the student athletes are already ahead of the agents and corporate interests when it comes to monetizing their social media. They know what they're doing. The other money ventures will only flow to athletes that have created their own following.

It's going to be both fun and cringy to watch people with nothing to sell trying to cash in. 

• Plus1 3

12 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Yeah, this won't last.  

Just curious why those restrictions won't last?  You saying the players are gonna want to get appearance fees at scrip clubs or liquor stores?  Or are you saying that other schools won't have the same restrictions as NU, so NU will have to lift those restrictions?

4 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Just curious why those restrictions won't last?  You saying the players are gonna want to get appearance fees at scrip clubs or liquor stores?  Or are you saying that other schools won't have the same restrictions as NU, so NU will have to lift those restrictions?

I would imagine both.

"When I want to see some boobs, I go to Shakers, Shakers has the best boobs"

- Omar Manning (Probably) 

• Haha 4