The NCAA will allow athletes to profit from their name, image, and likeness

Dagerow

8 minutes ago, skers83 said:

My question is how does he enroll in college when he hasn't started his senior year of high school. Has he already earned a HS diploma. How does all that work. 

Maybe he can get his GED? Or maybe he is finishing high school online while also enrolled in college and can practice? No idea. 

• Thanks 1
27 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I kinda hope this kid turns out to be a bust.  Not only because he is going to Ohio state but because he is bailing on his HS teammates.  He could be the 1st NIL cautionary tale.

You wouldn't be alone. We have a Hater Culture in this country. Most of the time it's deplorable, but it's hard to root for a kid who ditches what should be an awesome senior year with his high school team to chase endorsements he hasn't yet earned. 

The right kid could pull it off, but a kid being coached by professional hangers-on in a sport where he's been treated like a prince since he was 10 years old could flame out quickly and forever. This s#!t is made for the Johnny Manzeils of the world. 

40 minutes ago, skers83 said:

My question is how does he enroll in college when he hasn't started his senior year of high school. Has he already earned a HS diploma. How does all that work. 

Yes, he's already graduated HS; he was slated to graduate in December, but moved it up and finished over the summer. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

4 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

Yeah this NIL wont amount to much of anything - won't impact recruiting said a bunch of people

OSU Frosh QB is set to make over $1,000,000 in year one.

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=135415715458937&set=gm.10159499329699549

I saw this too.  Just nuts.  For what?  Autographs?  That has boosters written all over it.  And we're in trouble for an extra practice or weight lifting session.  Good God.  CFB as we all knew it is dead.  

• Plus1 1