The NCAA will allow athletes to profit from their name, image, and likeness

Dagerow

11 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

No....it’s not the same.  A name on the jersey tells you who it is.  There are so many Twitter handiest I see that I have no clue who it actually is.  

The name on the jersey is at least somewhat for the fans to know who it is.  This is just stupid.  

Meh, people already look up players on social media as it is. This really doesn't change anything in the big scheme of things - names to a handle instead. 

Main point is folks, fans that will care to follow or whatever already likely do. Tom Brady, for example, only has 2 million followers on Twitter and how many people in the world don't know who he is? For a person like Trevor Lawrence, would he see millions of new followers on Twitter because he has a Twitter handle on his jersey? No. Would he have made a lot of money if NIL was in place with a Twitter handle on his jersey or not? Heck yes. 

A player that is a big name will make a lot of money with NIL regardless of what is on the jersey. With the Twitter handle on the jersey, it's just another jersey that is sold like they already are. 

21 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

No....it’s not the same.  A name on the jersey tells you who it is.  There are so many Twitter handiest I see that I have no clue who it actually is.  

The name on the jersey is at least somewhat for the fans to know who it is.  This is just stupid.  

image_2021_04_12T16_12_57_642Z.png

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1
34 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

No, sometimes things are just stupid and should be pointed out that way.

Sure, but this is not one of those. It's stupid to you, but to these kids whose lives revolve around social media and their following it might be one of the coolest things they can do. Ultimately, what goes on these kids jerseys should be more about what they want than about your convenience of knowing who it is. Every school publishes a roster with numbers so you can go look up any player whenever you want.

• Plus1 1
  • 1 month later...