The NCAA will allow athletes to profit from their name, image, and likeness

Dagerow

16 hours ago, Nebraska55fan said:

Yeah this NIL wont amount to much of anything - won't impact recruiting said a bunch of people here. 

OSU Frosh QB is set to make over $1,000,000 in year one.

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=135415715458937&set=gm.10159499329699549

16 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

I saw this too.  Just nuts.  For what?  Autographs?  That has boosters written all over it.  And we're in trouble for an extra practice or weight lifting session.  Good God.  CFB as we all knew it is dead.  

He's not even a freshman really. I mean I think he is academically, but he's skipping his senior year of high school so he can get paid - it is pretty crazy at the Bamas and OSUs.

20 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

"yeah this wont amount to anything, only the big name guys are going to get paid. Wont impact recruiting"= said many here

MSU is now paying ALL their players, Miami is on same deal. 

How can this NOT be a big help when recruiting- I don't know an OFFENSIVE LINEMAN?

so we need to find someone to give all nebraska players an offensive lineman?

1 hour ago, Nebraska55fan said:

"yeah this wont amount to anything, only the big name guys are going to get paid. Wont impact recruiting"= said many here

I don’t recall anybody saying this wouldn’t amount to anything yet you make this statement every time you post anything about NIL (like you’re the only one who understood the true impact :facepalm:).  

Do you have some examples of “many” saying such things? I recall a few, very few, who thought it might only involve the big name players but I think everyone realized it was going to have a huge impact.

• Plus1 3
38 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I don’t recall anybody saying this wouldn’t amount to anything yet you make this statement every time you post anything about NIL (like you’re the only one who understood the true impact :facepalm:).  

Do you have some examples of “many” saying such things? I recall a few, very few, who thought it might only involve the big name players but I think everyone realized it was going to have a huge impact.

Im not going to spend my time searching posts. 

There were a bunch of guys that said this would amount to little and that those saying it would amount to something significant were overreacting- would never happen. They were wrong. 

45 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I've been reading this thread since it started. This is not true.

I said I thought it would be limited to the big names, and folks were over-reacting.  I also posted that I was wrong.  He simply will not shut up about it any chance he gets.

• Plus1 2
13 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

Im not going to spend my time searching posts. 

Then how about you do the rest of us a solid and stop referencing these alleged posts as well, please? Your constant reminders of how you're a super duper smart genius who predicted the future have gone from annoying to 100% insufferable.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2