Cold dose of reality by Dirk

11 hours ago, Hayseed said:

When he says fans weren’t happy with the results of past coaches he means fans that he knows.... his co-conspirators.

I was good with Pelini’s record.

Truth is it could be like 1991 now or we could stay a conference bottom feeder for a long time.

I don’t think Frost will let us stay a bottom feeder.

As far as expecting Devaney and Osborne results.... may not happen, that’s asking a lot.

I don't think Frost has a lot of say in it, honestly.  If the last couple of years have shown, he needs some serious "buy in" from his guys to make things go forward, and that is harder than he thought.

• Plus1 1

11 hours ago, Hayseed said:

I don’t remember what Dirk wrote back then but I’m guessing he was all for bringing in the new guy just like the rest of the media.

When he says fans weren’t happy, he means donors and their media agents.

He should just stop his blubbering and see what Frost can do for the next five years.

Pelini had peaked here at 9 wins and was going to be in trouble had he returned one more year.  Part of that is in him and part on the admin during his time.  Under pelini we were, and would always be avg to just a bit below.  He was a lazy recruiter to top it off.  His teams were largely saved by 3-4 amazing players but in 2015 many of those difference makers were gone....the 9 wins were over.

i think frost is the guy and people need to take a deep breath.  It took Osborne how long?  People tend to look past our walk on pgm.  Look for that to pay dividends in yr 4-5.  People also need to quit calling for coaching changes in yr 2.

• Plus1 2
12 hours ago, lo country said:

Here is a rip off the band-aid look at Huskers football the past (almost) 20 years....

Over and over, I’ve watched 18-year-old freshmen walk into this program supremely confident they’re going to restore Big Red. Big Ten championship or bust, baby. They talk just like Garrett Nelson and Wan’Dale Robinson talked Saturday night. And three years later, they’re basically the same players. No improvement. No development.

They run out of that tunnel on Senior Day like they’re 28 years old with a mortgage and two kids and a 50-hour job. Like they’ve seen a ghost.

Just read and think wow, when will get it back.  Maybe too much pressure and chasing ghosts.  Try to make it fun and make your own mark.....

https://www.omaha.com/sports/college/huskers/teams/football/chatelain-nebraska-football-has-lost-games-in-the-st-century/article_3f14dace-1bc6-5b88-a466-f180decb893d.html#23

Well dirk is wrong again.  I’ve never heard a freshman talk like Nelson wandale or mccafrey while the upperclassmen just sit there in awe.  Something special is happening with the underclassmen.  They don’t take losses as easily, wont wear winning 9 games a yr as a major accomplishment.  They are swinging for the fences and am excited, along with walk on pgm in yr 4-5 to see what this looks like.

• Plus1 7
39 minutes ago, N is for nowledge said:

Well dirk is wrong again.  I’ve never heard a freshman talk like Nelson wandale or mccafrey while the upperclassmen just sit there in awe.  Something special is happening with the underclassmen.  They don’t take losses as easily, wont wear winning 9 games a yr as a major accomplishment.  They are swinging for the fences and am excited, along with walk on pgm in yr 4-5 to see what this looks like.

Exactly. When he said we've heard this all before from freshman I instantly thought 'who have we heard it from?' Because I haven't heard this kinda talk from freshman before

• Plus1 3
49 minutes ago, N is for nowledge said:

Pelini had peaked here at 9 wins and was going to be in trouble had he returned one more year.  Part of that is in him and part on the admin during his time.  Under pelini we were, and would always be avg to just a bit below.  He was a lazy recruiter to top it off.  His teams were largely saved by 3-4 amazing players but in 2015 many of those difference makers were gone....the 9 wins were over.

i think frost is the guy and people need to take a deep breath.  It took Osborne how long?  People tend to look past our walk on pgm.  Look for that to pay dividends in yr 4-5.  People also need to quit calling for coaching changes in yr 2.

Well...except for the 10 win seasons....

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, N is for nowledge said:

Some of that comes from the coaches too. I don't remember Bo or those other guys who coached here ever talking about coming back like this staff has. With the coaches and players pulling the same direction it's going to happen just a matter of when.

• Plus1 1

Few things...

1.  The love affair with Nelson simply doesn't match up with his play on the field.  But, like one writer said about 3 months ago...he would be a fan favorite.

2.  How can people still bash on Bo's record?  I get it if you hate him and want to bash on him as a person...but man we would all be thrilled with a 9 or 10 win season this year.

My guess...with Bo this team would have beat CU (Dude could shut down the pass) and beat Indiana.  I think they might be sitting with 2 losses and the Minny loss would be the "WTF just happened" loss.

• Plus1 8
1 minute ago, teachercd said:

Few things...

1.  The love affair with Nelson simply doesn't match up with his play on the field.  But, like one writer said about 3 months ago...he would be a fan favorite.

How so? I don't recall anyone saying anything more than he has a great motor and the tools to become a great player for us. The plays he misses are freshman mistakes but he plays with passion that most of our other players on that side of the ball don't possess.

• Plus1 3