Steven Crowder: Change my mind

Anyone watch these on YouTube?  He is a really good debater and polite about it.  I don't agree with all his stuff, like I am all for abortion and guns are super lame and we don't need them, but I agree with some of his stances but that is beside the point.  The guy is just really good at these and it is interesting.  I think most of the people that come up to discuss/debate with him do a great job as well, especially for not being as prepared and not being used to that setting.

Just now, DevoHusker said:

I wish more opposing viewpoints/stances could debate their views with civility like this

Right?  He is really good, like really really good.  I had never heard of him until a week ago and like I said I don't agree with some of his thoughts but man he is good.  His tone, his voice, his sort of relaxed attitude and he even will tell the crowd to shut up when they try to pile on a guest that has come up to sit down and debate.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Anyone watch these on YouTube?  He is a really good debater and polite about it.  I don't agree with all his stuff, like I am all for abortion and guns are super lame and we don't need them, but I agree with some of his stances but that is beside the point.  The guy is just really good at these and it is interesting.  I think most of the people that come up to discuss/debate with him do a great job as well, especially for not being as prepared and not being used to that setting.

Cold feet Crowder is too scared to debate Sam Seder because he knows Seder would eat his lunch. 

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Cold feet Crowder is too scared to debate Sam Seder because he knows Seder would eat his lunch. 

I feel like even right here...you sort of went with name calling for no reason.  Unless he actually has cold feet and some sort of medical condition.

With that said.  I have no idea who Seder is but I didn't know who Crowder was until last week.

• Haha 1
40 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I feel like even right here...you sort of went with name calling for no reason.  Unless he actually has cold feet and some sort of medical condition.

With that said.  I have no idea who Seder is but I didn't know who Crowder was until last week.

9 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I guess...I don't even know why you linked that, I can't hear it all that well.

Tell me more.

Introducing you to Sam Seder.  And why I called him cold feet crowder as a joke in my post.. That's all.  You don't necessarily have to listen to it, just a little background on why I said what I said in my initial post.

But I mean, its easy to debate college students when they don't follow politics all that much but that's your job.  Its like me trying to play basketball against Kobe Bryant.  Sam Seder would be more on his level than a college student.

Just now, Frott Scost said:

Introducing you to Sam Seder.  And why I called him cold feet crowder as a joke in my post.. That's all.  You don't necessarily have to listen to it, just a little background on why I said what I said in my initial post.

Cool!

Do these podcast guys make serious cash?  They must, right?

9 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Cool!

Do these podcast guys make serious cash?  They must, right?

https://www.patreon.com/lastpodcastontheleft

These guys talk about serial killers, cults, aliens, etc and they pull in over $50,000 a month...a month.   Not bad for 2 struggling stand-ups/actors and a DJ.   And there are bigger podcasts out there and other areas of income besides patreon.   I'm guessing this podcast is pulling well over $100K a month from all revenue sources

1 minute ago, sho said:

https://www.patreon.com/lastpodcastontheleft

These guys talk about serial killers, cults, aliens, etc and they pull in over $50,000 a month...a month.   Not bad for 2 struggling stand-ups/actors and a DJ.   And there are bigger podcasts out there and other areas of income besides patreon.   I'm guessing this podcast is pulling well over $100K a month from all revenue sources

Shut up!  A month?

Good lord!  

I mean, I am sure for every podcast that "makes it" there are thousands that don't but still.

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

Shut up!  A month?

Good lord!  

I mean, I am sure for every podcast that "makes it" there are thousands that don't but still.

Absolutely, more fails than success stories, but these guys are making 56K per month on listener donations alone.   That's not including merchandise sales, ticket sales (they do worldwide tours doing 50-60 live shows a year if not more) and ad sales.   And like I said, there are more popular podcasts, that I'm sure are making even more money.   These live shows aren't at small venues holding a couple hundred people.   My Favorite Murder podcast holds theirs in venues that hold 7-10 thousand and they are roughly 90% sold out shows.  These people are going to Europe, Australia etc   It's a booming industry and if you find the right niche to connect to 200K worldwide, you can make a very comfortable living.

• Fire 1