Steven Crowder: Change my mind

I used to watch Crowder, and I still tune in to his Change My Mind segments because I enjoy seeing/hearing people who disagree sit down and have an amicable conversation. Sometimes he still gets screamed at, but that's the nature of the political divide we're living in right now. 

The main reason I don't watch his content much is because his show is what I'd consider "outrage politics" where the main result is getting people bent out of shape rather than being informative. It's not as bad as mainstream media (CNN, MSNBC, Fox, etc) but it's close

• Fire 1

On 10/31/2019 at 8:35 AM, teachercd said:

Anyone watch these on YouTube?  He is a really good debater and polite about it.  I don't agree with all his stuff, like I am all for abortion and guns are super lame and we don't need them, but I agree with some of his stances but that is beside the point.  The guy is just really good at these and it is interesting.  I think most of the people that come up to discuss/debate with him do a great job as well, especially for not being as prepared and not being used to that setting.

No he isn't. Crowder hides from any real debate. And his "change my mind" shtick is just the dumbest.

3 hours ago, ActualCornHusker said:

I used to watch Crowder, and I still tune in to his Change My Mind segments because I enjoy seeing/hearing people who disagree sit down and have an amicable conversation. Sometimes he still gets screamed at, but that's the nature of the political divide we're living in right now. 

The main reason I don't watch his content much is because his show is what I'd consider "outrage politics" where the main result is getting people bent out of shape rather than being informative. It's not as bad as mainstream media (CNN, MSNBC, Fox, etc) but it's close

I have never watched anything but the Change My Mind stuff...and honestly, I am sort of already over that.  Not because I don't like but because I have the attention span of a fly. 

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

So, you admit that he asks people, anyone, to come debate him?  Or does he hide?

Wat?

He doesn't ask anyone to come debate him - just tries debating random people walking across a college campus, and he also hides from debating people that know the issues. Hiding from Sam Seder currently.

Crowder is basically a grifter just making things up:

2 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Wat?

He doesn't ask anyone to come debate him - just tries debating random people walking across a college campus, and he also hides from debating people that know the issues. Hiding from Sam Seder currently.

Crowder is basically a grifter just making things up:

But, couldn't that Sam dude just go and show up at his Change My Mind thing?  Or no?

I mean, he could just show up, right?

If you are telling me that this other dork, sam (and yes, Crowder is a dork too), can't just show up at a Change My Mind thing...I will believe you.  

So, can he show up or can't he?  Is the Sam dork unable to show up for some reason?

Just now, teachercd said:

But, couldn't that Sam dude just go and show up at his Change My Mind thing?  Or no?

I mean, he could just show up, right?

I don't think Crowder tells people where he's going to be. Sam Seder has said he'd appear on Crowder's show or Crowder could come on Sam's show or they could debate at an event like Politicon. That's as open an invitation for a debate as anyone is going to get.

5 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I don't think Crowder tells people where he's going to be. Sam Seder has said he'd appear on Crowder's show or Crowder could come on Sam's show or they could debate at an event like Politicon. That's as open an invitation for a debate as anyone is going to get.

So they both have open invites...sounds like they are both dorks.

Honestly...can you think of anything lamer than two dorky grown men not debating each other when they both know they will both not give a rats a$$ about what the other says!

22 minutes ago, teachercd said:

So they both have open invites...sounds like they are both dorks.

Honestly...can you think of anything lamer than two dorky grown men not debating each other when they both know they will both not give a rats a$$ about what the other says!

That's a pretty sound argument why Crowder's shtick is ridiculous.

• 4 weeks later...