*******Official Purdue Game Day Thread********

2 minutes ago, lo country said:

We are getting beat by a team significantly lower in the talent rankings....This is coaching plain and simple.....Out coached/out schemed over your head....

People keep saying that our talent is supposed to be superior to our opponents, I agree it SHOULD be. Are folks quick to forget all the recent talk of the 2017 class. Nebraska’s “talent rankings” aren’t really accurate as the guys aren’t in Lincoln anymore. Frost needs a chance to DEVELOP his own recruits. 

4 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

But the negative isn't because mills is running only outside and wandale is getting a majority between the tackles. Both RBs get tackled for loss on runs outside and inside. Is it a fact wandale will get hurt? Do you have a crystal ball? He doesn't carry it more than 10 times between the tackles in a game 

He’s already been hurt this game, and a previous game. I love the kid’s heart, and of course you have mix it up inside and outside with each back, but his bread and butter is outside and in space. 

So no, funny man, I don’t have a crystal ball. But I do have eyes. 

Sadly, the one thing we can say with certainty, at this point, Frost has definately changed 'the expecations' for Husker football.   We no longer expect to win many games and there really aren't enough straws left to reach out and grab on the way down.

I have been quitely optimistic that eventually Frost would get us back to being atleast a winning program and maybe in 6 or 8 years a shot at a conference championship.   Right now, today, Nebraska football is playing the worst of any team in the Big Ten and few signs suggest improvement is coming in the next couple years or more.   Recruiting - recruiting - recruiting.   And in between, Frost needs to sit down with Coach Osborne and discuss the MAJOR changes in offensive scheme, defensive schemes, coaches, etc.   There are not many things actually going right.   Today, if the field position and a several penalties on Purdue were not aiding our cause, we'd likely be down by 21.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, chicaGObigred said:

People keep saying that our talent is supposed to be superior to our opponents, I agree it SHOULD be. Are folks quick to forget all the recent talk of the 2017 class. Nebraska’s “talent rankings” aren’t really accurate as the guys aren’t in Lincoln anymore. Frost needs a chance to DEVELOP his own recruits. 

Purdue is playing a bunch of backups. 

• Plus1 1

Frost's scheme-Based on chunk plays

Chin's D scheme-based on bend don't break and TO's

No big plays and no TO's, this scheme sucks...

If Frost doesn't do some serious off season soul searching, what we see now will be the future IMHO.  Kids watching this won't come here.  No one wants to play for a bottom feeder.  That's what we are becoming...

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, 3rd and long said:

He’s already been hurt this game, and a previous game. I love the kid’s heart, and of course you have mix it up inside and outside with each back, but his bread and butter is outside and in space. 

So no, funny man, I don’t have a crystal ball. But I do have eyes. 

He is still playing he is fine. Obviously that is his bread and butter but you can't do that all of the time. On top of that Wandale has a solid skill set for running inside zone because of his burst and size he can get small through a hole and burst into the second level if the play works ideally.

Just now, lo country said:

Frost's scheme-Based on chunk plays

Chin's D scheme-based on bend don't break and TO's

No big plays and no TO's, this scheme sucks...

If Frost doesn't do some serious off season soul searching, what we see now will be the future IMHO.  Kids watching this won't come here.  No one wants to play for a bottom feeder.  That's what we are becoming...

We’ve been a bottom feeder for years lol