*******Official Purdue Game Day Thread********

1 hour ago, lo country said:

He did inherit a much better situation:

10-4

12-1

9-4

0-12

Then he went 6-7 and 13-0

Yeah I just looked and UCF has had 5 dudes drafted that played on Frost's undefeated team there. He definitely inherited some talent.

And 4 of the 5 were drafted after the 2017 season, meaning UCF lost 4 NFL players and still were able to go unbeaten the following regular season with a new coach.

Theres much bigger dumbass coaches in our Conf.  Can you imagine what a train wreck Harbaugh or Dantoni would be here?  Its our team not the coach.  But there are special days ahead.  Look at whats going on at Illinois.  Statement win because the team bought in, followed by a win streak.  

• Haha 3
4 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Thanks! It's actually pretty easy. I just pick Nebraska to lose, think of all the mistakes they'll make that I can't even imagine, and adjust the score accordingly. That forumla seems to be working pretty well so far.

If we should win, we probably won't.... If we shouldn't win, we'll get blown out.

2 hours ago, dvdcrr said:

Scott Frost is not in over his head.  He IS up to his chin with these players.  There are a few on the team that some others look to, who are giving up on the coaches because they do not BELIEVE. 

SCOTT knows football and how to coach.  He does not know how to babysit.

Then why doesn't he bench or coach them.   If they don’t or won’t perform, they should not be playing.  I am especially disappointed in the offensive line and coaches.  They are good and show little improvement.  The LBs are not getting done either and I think that issue is mostly the coach’s schemes and the LBs lack of practice at full speed.  They are frequently out of position, over run the play and miss tackles.  Pot tackling seems to be the main feature of this team.  I think Glenn Mason said today that the Blackshirts give up 400 yards per game.  How many times do you see tackles standing upright at the chest or shoulders going for 3 yards after contact?  How many times do you see defensive backs hitting low without attempting to wrap up the legs?

How often do you see the offensive line to fail establish running lanes or fail to control the edges?  How often do we see them holding?  THESE ARE FUNDAMENTALS THAT THE COACHES FAILED TO TEACH OR DEMAND.

• Plus1 1

17 minutes ago, URSS said:

Then why doesn't he bench or coach them.   If they don’t or won’t perform, they should not be playing.  I am especially disappointed in the offensive line and coaches.  They are good and show little improvement.  The LBs are not getting done either and I think that issue is mostly the coach’s schemes and the LBs lack of practice at full speed.  They are frequently out of position, over run the play and miss tackles.  Pot tackling seems to be the main feature of this team.  I think Glenn Mason said today that the Blackshirts give up 400 yards per game.  How many times do you see tackles standing upright at the chest or shoulders going for 3 yards after contact?  How many times do you see defensive backs hitting low without attempting to wrap up the legs?

How often do you see the offensive line to fail establish running lanes or fail to control the edges?  How often do we see them holding?  THESE ARE FUNDAMENTALS THAT THE COACHES FAILED TO TEACH OR DEMAND.

Right

40 minutes ago, dvdcrr said:

Theres much bigger dumbass coaches in our Conf.  Can you imagine what a train wreck Harbaugh or Dantoni would be here?  Its our team not the coach.  But there are special days ahead.  Look at whats going on at Illinois.  Statement win because the team bought in, followed by a win streak.  

Both of those coaches are much more successful.

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, chamrocck said:

I can live with that more but damn he is being mis-used so that's what you get...when you need him you don't got him.  Stop running the dude between the tackles and maybe he'd be fresher at the end.  

Nope, not an issue. I know it’s not because Nebfanantic told me so when I posted the exact same thing in the first half. That we were going to get him hurt continuously running him inside. 

5 hours ago, dvdcrr said:

Possibly, but losing the team is the players fault for not committing.

Lets see National Championship QB goes to the NFL and learns under the best coaches in the biz, becomes coach at excellent programs including Oregon coaches in the Natty, takes a terrible team to 12-0 in one year, comes to Nebraska where multiple coaches have failed and...suddenly sucks?  NOPE

Classic case of a winner being overwhelmed by an overabundance of losers.  Often leads to the winner appearing lost and confused.  I've seen it before but not to this extent.  Something is wrong in Lincoln.

• Thanks 1

Perhaps the reason for the decline is the players we lost last year were better than the remaining Riley recruits.  Frost still has mostly the youth.  So he has piss poor leadership and no buy in from the most senior class.     I have faith Scott will get it done but I also agree that some staff changes need to be made.  Purdue killed us by dinking and dunking on us and of course the epidemic of missed tackles.   Frost needs to light a fire under Amart a$$.  When he finally gets aggressive its like watching a light switch turn on.

We abused the Big 10 when we were in the Big 12.  Minn 84-0, Mich State 51-10,  so it can be done.

1 hour ago, Stone Cold said:

Thats where im at, if its such a bad culture and the season is already s#!t then bench the bad apples and play the young ones.  Get them the playing time and set yourself up for the future.

Who said it's a bad culture? Maybe they're all doing the best they can and they're just a bunch of undersized and slow 2-3 stars who aren't very good? Did our players look significantly better than Purdue, Illinois, or Indiana's? I didn't see that.
One thing we need to do is take care of the health of our few 4 stars and start getting some ordinary guys into high percentage plays instead of swinging for a homerun every time. These other teams can do it but we don't seem to be able to string together short passes to save our lives.