*******Official Purdue Game Day Thread********

7 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

I don't want hear any great words or speeches from you Frost! You're paid a s*&tload of money to take care of this bulls#!t and all I see is another game with another s#!t Husker team on the field! 

We are getting beat by a team significantly lower in the talent rankings....This is coaching plain and simple.....Out coached/out schemed over your head....

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

1st and goal on the 2 1/2 yard line?  Run it right at them 4 times in a row!!!!  If you can't punch it in you don't deserve to score.  Throwing into double coverage?  What's wrong with checking down???  Why are we throwing the ball at the receivers feet on the swing passes?  Vedral is a better QB here and now.  ...and for crying out loud wrap up when tackling.  Get some pressure on the QB.  The slowest QB in the BIG, is lighting us up on the ground.  Getting multiple hats to the ball should be a given if you team is not going through the motions.  4th and 1/2 yard on the goal.  Go for it!!!! We're play to not lose.  What ever happened to no fear of failure????

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

The one where Wandale ran for 9 yards on an inside run then martinez went for 16 on a zone read and we have people wondering why we have whatver backs in on those plays?

Great. Pick two plays out of how many similar ones that succeeded. Fact is, most of them haven’t. Plus Wandale is getting killed running inside. He’s going to be lucky to finish this game. 

Just now, Skeeball said:

1st and goal on the 2 1/2 yard line?  Run it right at them 4 times in a row!!!!  If you can't punch it in you don't deserve to score.  Throwing into double coverage?  What's wrong with checking down???  Why are we throwing the ball at the receivers feet on the swing passes?   ...and for crying out loud wrap up when tackling.  Get some pressure on the QB.  The slowest QB in the BIG, is lighting us up on the ground.  Getting multiple hats to the ball should be a given if you team is not going through the motions.  4th and 1/2 yard on the goal.  Go for it!!!! We're play to not lose.  What ever happened to no fear of failure????

That's a mantra for going all out.  They take it as a mantra to not give a sh!t.  To include the staff.  no one is geting fired.

1 minute ago, Decoy73 said:

If Martinez hits a wide open Noa his play calls look better. Some calls were questionable, but the players clearly can’t execute with any consistency. 

I guess I'm questioning why our offense looks like it's all or nothing and can't sustain a drive? Most plays look like low-percentage plays that develop slowly. The quicker, more precise plays are more successful. Martinez deciding is usually one big play, two bad plays.
Then there's our defense that can't handle an up tempo. Looked good to start the game but we have to keep rushing more than three and LBs have to cover the short routes.

The fans have got to stop showing up for this s#!t product that keeps getting put on the field. It's time for the fans to show that we've had enough and let the sellout streak die and the stadium to be half empty. I think we've been patient for the past 20 years now and we've paid our dues. I never thought I'd say that, but something has to force some change here.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1

I wish we could throw down field, but Martinez will either 1. Throw into double coverage and get intercepted or 2. Completely overthrow and miss a wide open receiver.

I wish our defense could actually look competent, but they will either 1. Completely whiff on a tackle, 2. Give up a 3rd and long, 3. Give no pressure on the QB during a 3 man rush 4. Break containment on a blitz/pressure package that allows a slow QB to run for a first down, 5. IT NEVER ENDS

I am pissed. 

Just now, 3rd and long said:

Great. Pick two plays out of how many similar ones that succeeded. Fact is, most of them haven’t. Plus Wandale is getting killed running inside. He’s going to be lucky to finish this game. 

He said that right after martinez gained 16 on a zone read with mills at RB. What was I supposed to say? Fact of the matter is people focus on the negative but they both run in and out and that is a part of not being predictable.