*******Official Purdue Game Day Thread********

1 minute ago, lo country said:

Post game Urbs asks what happend to this once proud program....Said time to take a look under the hood...

No doubt Frost has lost this team. 

Possibly, but losing the team is the players fault for not committing.

Lets see National Championship QB goes to the NFL and learns under the best coaches in the biz, becomes coach at excellent programs including Oregon coaches in the Natty, takes a terrible team to 12-0 in one year, comes to Nebraska where multiple coaches have failed and...suddenly sucks?  NOPE

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, dvdcrr said:

Possibly, but losing the team is the players fault for not committing.

Lets see National Championship QB goes to the NFL and learns under the best coaches in the biz, becomes coach at excellent programs including Oregon coaches in the Natty, takes a terrible team to 12-0 in one year, comes to Nebraska where multiple coaches have failed and...suddenly sucks?  NOPE

If you can't see Frost is in over his head, I've got nothing for you.  You are referring to Frost and his resume.  What about his staff?  That D scheme flat out sucks.  Frost brought that with him. Say what you want, this staff as is, won't get us back.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 2
2 minutes ago, NebraskaHarry said:

You want to know why we lost this game... Adrian Martinez not doing his f#$%ing job. Add to the coaches s%#& game plan/management and boom... another loss to a team Nebraska had no business losing. Well at least to on paper. 

I think this might simply be the last time I'll watch this team play this year. It's not fun.

We've turned into the team that everyone wants to play for their homecoming game. 

Well this program has been broken since 2003.  We fired a 9 win coach, who played for a Natty.  We then hired a this Callahan dude who was completely clueless.  Fired that for a first time head who did great with Cally's talent, but once that left, was inept.  Changed conferences and lost every bit of anything we had left.  Now were in a conference with no real rival because, well we don't belong, next our tradition says were going to kick your tail, but our program says otherwise.  Got pissed because we thought we got screwed by TEXAS in the Big 12, and maybe we did, but I rather get screwed by my step brother than by my brother in law.

So in short we lost our identity many, many years ago now.  We lost our culture and our tradition.  We finally hire a coach who might be able to get us back, but he may not as well because we really do suck this bad and its hard to imagine that on name alone we can't bring in the best of the best.  Issue is our name means nothing now except we are more known for firing 9 wins coaches than winning division titles.  So the ball is in our court right now.  Stay the course and give Frost time to try and get things done, or say the hell with that and find another Callahan.

We don't have the things that make us, us anymore.  We have to manufacture rivalry games with Iowa and Wisky.  We have to recruit areas that frankly, we cant compete against.  We can't get players from Ohio to come here, and we can't get Texas players here anymore, and why would a player from Florida dare come here to play.  No this programs failure to compete is on everyone for poor decisions made over the last 16 years.

• Fire 1