It's okay, I'll say it.

1 minute ago, southernoregonhusker said:

Haha.  I remember when I was about the only guy defending Taylor on this board.  After he hurt his foot, people were vicious.

AM and TM are looking oddly similar...but for different reasons.

TM was so explosive as a Freshman.  No one knew what to do.  His passing was always horrendous.  People figured out to load the box and TM was exposed.

AM made plays as a Freshman.  We all forget he had a lot of turnovers.  He was able to put touch on deep outs and the long ball.  He was quick on his feet and reacted quickly.  He’s not doing ANY of that this year....except the turnovers.

2 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

AM and TM are looking oddly similar...but for different reasons.

TM was so explosive as a Freshman.  No one knew what to do.  His passing was always horrendous.  People figured out to load the box and TM was exposed.

AM made plays as a Freshman.  We all forget he had a lot of turnovers.  He was able to put touch on deep outs and the long ball.  He was quick on his feet and reacted quickly.  He’s not doing ANY of that this year....except the turnovers.

The turnovers weren't a big deal because he was a freshman and we saw the building blocks of a guy who had the potential of being one of the greats.  He's gone backwards big time this season.  

• Plus1 1
13 minutes ago, southernoregonhusker said:

AM won't make it to the XFL based on this season's play.  As far as Smothers, he's from Alabama and neither 'bama nor Auburn are looking at him last I looked.  Let's stop acting like some recruits or freshmen are going to turn this program around anytime soon.  

Not saying to turn this program around. But at least a capable person to run this offense

5 minutes ago, southernoregonhusker said:

Haha.  I remember when I was about the only guy defending Taylor on this board.  After he hurt his foot, people were vicious.

IMHO Taylor was a prime example of trying to do too much yourself, and perhaps why AM is a little timid when it comes to running (not all the time mind you).  I said it many times that some middle line backer would catch him in the open and put a Scott Stevens (former brutal NJ Devils enforcer) style hit on him and that would end his running days.  Again easy to be an armchair coach here but I am just trying to show the respect any QB deserves to help make my point more palatable.  After all they are the focus of EVERY single play so I understand it can be a bit overwhelming.  But like I said before, AM has the skills.. he just needs to relax and play catch with his buddies out there and not try to force things so much. 

Anyway thank you all for your replies. 

• Fire 1