Year 2 Regression Under Frost

17 minutes ago, alexhortdog95 said:

Purdue player Bell - who just scored the game winner - said that they watched this same defense....all the way back to when they were at UCF.

Let that sink in for a minute.  

This coaching staff needs to break some glaring tendencies.

To add to his quoye "knew they would be in man in the red zone and would go to the qb.....knew I'd get in"

Yep.  We have some real geniuses on the staff.....Out coached again

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

everything's Riley's fault

Literally no one is making that excuse.

Literally. No one.

2 minutes ago, Dbqgolfer said:

A friend of mine from Iowa just texted me calling Scott Frost the "Steve Alford of football coaches", meaning not having a good team, but never the fault of the coaches....ouch.

Always good to hear from your friend in Iowa.

53 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Nebraska finished Frost's first season at 4-2  for a .667 winning percentage, and the two losses coming to Ohio State and Iowa by a total of 8 points.  We are now more than halfway through the 2019 season, and to match the .667 winning percentage we would have to finish 8-4 which is possible but unlikely.  Nebraska has a much more favorable 2019 schedule than it had in 2018.  There is much talk that culture is part of the problem, but there are fewer Riley guys on the 2019 team than we had on the 2018 team, so that does not seem to be a valid reason for regression.

If you believe this team has regressed in 2019 from where they ended 2018, why do you believe that has happened?  

What happened?  Ziggy and Stanley covered a lot of stink.  There are other issues, but these guys weren't replaced.

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Literally no one is making that excuse.

Literally. No one.

Kind of a strange thing to split hairs on. This type of excuse has been floated around to excuse Frost’s mediocrity at Nebraska. Like maybe not those exact words every single time but it’s been implied. A lot. I think it’s safe to say Frost has not met expectations, to say the least.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
17 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Yes I think Moos made the WRONG decision in bringing Frost here.  He will soon finish his 4th season as a head coach and likely will have only one winning season out of four unless we somehow win the final 3 games.  That is not a good head coaching resume.  Scott needs to realize he is in over his head and convince Moos to open up the budget to hire a real OC and DC.

You're kidding yourself if you think there was another choice he could have made.

• Plus1 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

Honest question on AM.  Is it possible he did so well last year relying on his natural athleticism and talent and year 2 we are seeing the results of Verduzco and his coaching?  Is he really the QB whisperer or did we believe it because Frost said it?  I never heard of the guy prior to Frost coming here.  Seems like of he was that hot, he'd be all over the place..... Odd that he has regressed so much.  

I also think that teams have figured out our O and D.  Per Bell's quote after the game they watched UCF film.....

36 minutes ago, alexhortdog95 said:

Purdue player Bell - who just scored the game winner - said that they watched this same defense....all the way back to when they were at UCF.

Let that sink in for a minute.  

This coaching staff needs to break some glaring tendencies.

I'm really sick of watching us get out-coached. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
4 minutes ago, runningblind said:

You're kidding yourself if you think there was another choice he could have made.

There was no other choice. Had to be Frost and not just because he was alumni- he was perhaps the biggest name out there. 

BUT for the first time I am not sure if Frost is gonna fix this. This is pathetic- Purdue is a s#!tty team and we still lost. Bad players but bad coaching in both sides of the ball make it even worse.   

Pretty depressed about how the Frost regime is going 

• Plus1 2

17 minutes ago, runningblind said:

I don't think there is another choice he could have made at the time, and that is not what I was saying.  I simply believe that, given what we have now seen from Frost at 2 years of Nebraska, nobody is seeing a positive trajectory for this program that we expected, while other programs that hired new coaches a couple years ago are seeing forward progress.  It's still early for him, but there is no denying that we are regressing.

12 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

There was no other choice. Had to be Frost and not just because he was alumni- he was perhaps the biggest name out there. 

BUT for the first time I am not sure if Frost is gonna fix this. This is pathetic- Purdue is a s#!tty team and we still lost. Bad players but bad coaching in both sides of the ball make it even worse.   

Pretty depressed about how the Frost regime is going 

Yes I agree.  I probably stated my earlier post wrong. I think Moos only had one choice and that was to hire Frost after he came off such a great season at UCF.  But I also bet Moos is starting to have some doubt about decisions Frost has made since being named the head coach.  I think Moos and most fans did not expect things to look worse in Year 2 than they did at the end of Year 1.