Year 2 Regression Under Frost

As my college coaching mentor told me “Its never as bad or as good as you think”

I think this year caught Frost, and everyone, by surprise.  It is what it is at this point.  

before abandoning hope on Frost we need to see how he adapts to this.  I still think he will get the job done.  Learning experience for everyone 

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, louisianared said:

As my college coaching mentor told me “Its never as bad or as good as you think”

I think this year caught Frost, and everyone, by surprise.  It is what it is at this point.  

before abandoning hope on Frost we need to see how he adapts to this.  I still think he will get the job done.  Learning experience for everyone 

We just lost to Purdue's backups, after they limped into the game at 2-6.

It's probably worse than we think. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Nebraska finished Frost's first season at 4-2  for a .667 winning percentage, and the two losses coming to Ohio State and Iowa by a total of 8 points.  We are now more than halfway through the 2019 season, and to match the .667 winning percentage we would have to finish 8-4 which is possible but unlikely.  Nebraska has a much more favorable 2019 schedule than it had in 2018.  There is much talk that culture is part of the problem, but there are fewer Riley guys on the 2019 team than we had on the 2018 team, so that does not seem to be a valid reason for regression.

If you believe this team has regressed in 2019 from where they ended 2018, why do you believe that has happened?  

There's a lot of truth to the Jimmies and Joes theory of Barry Switzer. Ozigbo took a lot of pressure off of the other offensive players. Some players just make the coach look good no matter what is called.
IMO the 3-4 is garbage and everyone knows how to beat it....but put Suh and David on the field, Chin looks great.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

There's a lot of truth to the Jimmies and Joes theory of Barry Switzer. Ozigbo took a lot of pressure off of the other offensive players. Some players just make the coach look good no matter what is called.
IMO the 3-4 is garbage and everyone knows how to beat it....but put Suh and David on the field, Chin looks great.

Our 3-4 or 3-4's in general?   Most of the NFL defenses run a 3-4.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, southernoregonhusker said:

Our 3-4 or 3-4's in general?   Most of the NFL defenses run a 3-4.

Most NFL teams have all-star linebackers with tons of speed. You could see the difference every time we had four guys rush like a 4-3. Ultimately it's the DC's decision to match what they're doing but I think it's obvious that we've gained nothing from it...no pressure combined with missed coverage.

1 hour ago, chamrocck said:

I’ll say it.  What the hell have the Davis twins ever done?  Two of the most disappointing players in recent memory. Why have they locked down starting DL positions without ever producing anything?

KD is pretty good my man, you can't have a good pass rush when the every receiver in the 8 yard area is open

13 hours ago, dvdcrr said:

The cupboard is just really bare

We started the year with a Heisman contention quarterback and a top 25 ranking, based on the combination of talent and coaching, and the culture change that supposedly clicked in last years strong finish, plus new frost recruits and proven transfers coming in.

im still looking for someone who recognized how bare the cupboard was 10 weeks ago and warned us to not even expect bowl worthiness. 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1