Year 2 Regression Under Frost

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 7:39 PM, lo country said:

I agree.  To a degree.  OSU is full of (80%) 4*-5* kids....Any system would work.  They also have a power element to their spread and not all finesse. I'd also love receivers over 5'10.....Some big tall, physical guys who can win the 50/50 balls and take the top off a D. Again, that's additional personnel and execution.....Disappointed Sat we couldn't punch it in form the 2.....Missed shuffle pass (execution) and IMO, lack of faith in the OL.  Although if I read the box sores correct, Mills carried 6 times that game...(coaching)(Mills was 6-18 3.0 YPC)

I am still waiting for the Husker Power part to catch up.  When the O is clicking, it works...Just seems like we don't have that secret sauce when it is not.  No game plan B.  I think that's a combo of personnel, execution, caoaching.....

People don't understand that we no longer have "Husker Power"  We used to set the standard but maybe 7th or 8th in the Big 10.  We used to have the best facilities in the nation, but now maybe top 30 if we are lucky.  We have been passed by in S@C  and facilities.

1 hour ago, TheSker said:

Jurgens has developed in to our best blocking lineman.

The OL did get stronger, but as I said in my post they are probably at their ceiling.

Let's hope the ceiling of players like Benhart, Fritzche and Anderson is much higher.

I work with trainers all the time and do not believe that some 20 and 21 year old lineman could have reached their ceiling in the 2018 season. There is always room for additional strength at that age unless they have some unique genetic condition.  There also should be room for growth from a technique perspective which is where the Oline coach comes into the picture. 

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I work with trainers all the time and do not believe that some 20 and 21 year old lineman could have reached their ceiling in the 2018 season. There is always room for additional strength at that age unless they have some unique genetic condition.  There also should be room for growth from a technique perspective which is where the Oline coach comes into the picture. 

I appreciate your input 

9 hours ago, April Wine said:

People don't understand that we no longer have "Husker Power"  We used to set the standard but maybe 7th or 8th in the Big 10.  We used to have the best facilities in the nation, but now maybe top 30 if we are lucky.  We have been passed by in S@C  and facilities.

1kisnk.jpg.e9eed6ad2aaa3ffe0c8745596a0cf706.jpg

Just looked at next years schedule.  Very believable that we lose to Purdue and Cincinnati to start the season as our record is very poor against both Purdue and top 25 teams.  We also have South Dakota State that was a fumble away from beating Minny this year.  Things better click for this team or we're going to get off to a very poor start again.

• Plus1 1

30 minutes ago, Head Coach Scott Frost said:

Just looked at next years schedule.  Very believable that we lose to Purdue and Cincinnati to start the season as our record is very poor against both Purdue and top 25 teams.  We also have South Dakota State that was a fumble away from beating Minny this year.  Things better click for this team or we're going to get off to a very poor start again.

All the more reason to not worry about redshirts and get the young guys playing time now so the team is ready to go to start 2020.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Head Coach Scott Frost said:

Man we are already losing to Purdue and Cincinnati next year. Oof, glad to know that because our record is poor against Purdue (4-4 ovr, 4-3 since joining B1G) and a poor record against Top 25 teams means we could lose to Purdue and Cincinnati. Not sure how it correlates, especially since it'll be a different team next year. But by all means let's write off a year that hasn't even started. Man negativity is so easy to find here. People need to try positivity for once.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Head Coach Scott Frost said:

Its official I am marking us down for 0-2 on my Husker schedule hanging on my wall at the office for 2020 season.

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...

22 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

An interesting data point.  In Frost's first year we lost 8 games by a total of 98 points.  If I am doing the math correctly, we have now lost 6 games in Year 2 by the same total of 98 points.  

So we're not losing another game this year because we've hit the quota already, great!

• Haha 2