Year 2 Regression Under Frost

1 minute ago, Stumpy1 said:

Riley>Frost so far in 2 years. 

No.  I'd take this season over anything Riley ever brought.

However, Scott better check his ego and determine whether he's loyal to a program vs. personnel.  I'm not saying fire anyone yet, but relegate a certain QB to a deep seat on the bench would be a start.  

I'm worried the pressers are going to start off with how much better Adrian has gotten, he knows what he needs to do etc etc.  What do you have to do if your Luke?  Luke's faster, smarter...it needs to get better.  

2 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

However, Scott better check his ego and determine whether he's loyal to a program vs. personnel.  I'm not saying fire anyone yet, but relegate a certain QB to a deep seat on the bench would be a start.  

I'm worried the pressers are going to start off with how much better Adrian has gotten, he knows what he needs to do etc etc.  What do you have to do if your Luke?  Luke's faster, smarter...it needs to get better.  

Respectfully I disagree. Riley got far more out of his players and called better games than Frost.

1 minute ago, DefenderAO said:

Hit the nail on the head there.

Just now, DefenderAO said:

Every thing Riley touches is a dead end.  Mediocrity at its finest.  He's no leader.

Scott is a huge upgrade even with all he still needs to learn.

Frost has had one winning season in 4 attempts...he's batting .250 in that regard.  I agree he is young but he has not yet shown he can win in a major conference. I think next season will be telling to see how much better of a leader he is from other coaches.  He needs to closely examine every member of his staff along with what schemes can be successful in the BIG.

• Fire 1
14 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

He may get it turned around, but I think it's fair to say Frost has been a failure thus far. 9-15 through 2 years..... At Nebraska.

Even Frost would agree with that. This is in no way how it’s supposed to go, and the scary thing is coaches tend to emulate their 2nd year progress throughout their tenure.  

If you’re not making significant progress in Year 2 it’s very hard to jump start it later on. The momentum just stalls, and while there is some hope in this 2019 class largely redshirting the realities of what’s left of 2017/2018 and the current 2020 class don’t suggest we will suddenly solve this through better talent than our opponents. Frost’s momentum from 2017 UCF is simply gone and he’s unfortunately done nothing at Nebraska to convince anyone outside the state that he’s anything but a failure.

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, brophog said:

Even Frost would agree with that. This is in no way how it’s supposed to go, and the scary thing is coaches tend to emulate their 2nd year progress throughout their tenure.  

If you’re not making significant progress in Year 2 it’s very hard to jump start it later on. The momentum just stalls, and while there is some hope in this 2019 class largely redshirting the realities of what’s left of 2017/2018 and the current 2020 class don’t suggest we will suddenly solve this through better talent than our opponents. Frost’s momentum from 2017 UCF is simply gone and he’s unfortunately done nothing at Nebraska to convince anyone outside the state that he’s anything but a failure.

Yep. He better hope the '19, and '20 classes hit.

36 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Easily, at that.... Riley was bad 15 wins, to Frost's 9.... And 2 bowl games to 0.

They’re roughly equivalent through two years, imo. Frost has shown the potential for a higher ceiling, and overall is more competitive but has a terrible record of turning winnable games into losses. Riley won more of those games that he should have, but showed a very low ceiling.

As disappointing as I’ve been in Frost, and as much as not wanting to talk bad about him has kept me away, I still think we are better heading to Year 3 under him than Riley. 

11 minutes ago, knapplc said:

2018: 4-8

2019: 5-7

"regression"

I am notoriously bad at math, but I don't think this is accurate.

Well depends on the simplistic nature one might assess an entire season.  Against common competition Nebraska actually lost by more points in 2019 vs 2018 if you want to compare apples to apples. Also the 2018 Nebraska team finished the season 4-2...the 2019 team finished the season 1-5.  One more data point...the 2019 team lost by more total points in 2019 than they did in 2018. 

I guess by simply looking at wins and losses without context we can say Riley was a better coach than Frost because he had more wins his first 2 seasons?

• Plus1 1