Year 2 Regression Under Frost

32 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

7-0 is feasible.... Probably won't happen, though, because Nebraska.

See I think an influx of JUCOs and our last 2 classes moving in bigger roles will improve us drastically. Snagging a WR like Omar Manning for example changes things. You have to imagine some of the 4 star WRs we signed last year are ready to play etc 

3 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

I notice you are an authority on ‘takes’.  

I dont want Frost fired. I don’t necessarily want his staff fired. I ‘take’ issue with people who act like these last two seasons were inevitable because the talent/culture/S&C were so irretrievably broken. 

Frost has done a poor job. I hope he gets better. The excuse making for him is laughable in the meantime. 

https://247sports.com/Team/Nebraska-Cornhuskers-Football-37/DraftPicks/?year=alltime

1 minute ago, Jason Sitoke said:

I notice you are an authority on ‘takes’.  

I dont want Frost fired. I don’t necessarily want his staff fired. I ‘take’ issue with people who act like these last two seasons were inevitable because the talent/culture/S&C were so irretrievably broken. 

Frost has done a poor job. I hope he gets better. The excuse making for him is laughable in the meantime.

Sure. The judgments are harsh when we lose.

Funny none of these hot takes were posted after last Saturday's game.

We lost to the #17 team, who's 9-3, beating their opponents' average score and holding them under their average score and yards, and everyone's got the long knives out for Frost.

Could Frost have coached better today? Sure.  Could Ferentz?  Sure.  But if that kick misses and we beat them in overtime, not one of these threads is posted today. 

You'll pardon me if the Hurt Feelings Reports don't hold much water.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Historically aren't year 3s the year you see the typical jump? 

I can see 7-8 wins as a reasonably good jump considering the youth and inexperience on D next year.  Alarm Bell’s will sound if the aforementioned youth don’t  improve as the season goes on. 

Is hard as this season was for all, it’s a safe bet any c$%kiness or overconfidence left over from UCF is likely gone.

This is a smart group of coaches, but they may have needed to be humbled.

I guarantee no one will be picking us to win the west next year.