Year 2 Regression Under Frost

5 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Nice narrative.   Look at the teams they beat and their records.  I'm pretty sure they'll not lay down for the game...but I don't think they can hang with us either.

We havent beat anyone of substance either and yet here we are at 4-8 and 5-7 in the last 2 years.  They at least beat teams they are suppose too.

• Plus1 1

On 11/4/2019 at 10:01 AM, Skeeball said:

Frost, was the hottest coach on the market in 2017, going undefeated and beating Auburn in the Peach bowl.  Now suddenly he has completely forgotten how to coach?  Everyone just needs to RELAX!!!  To the naysayers on this board, I would like to say Frost will get his full 7 years at the helm.  Just look at Florida St.,  Willie Taggert gets less than 2 years and now they are starting at ground zero again with at least another 2 recruiting years bailing on them.  Let's face it, we don't have the seasoned horses to complete, particularly at linebacker and on the O-Line.   I like most are disappointed at the execution, but this improve with years in the system.  Long story short, I'd rather stick with a coach and staff the bleeds Husker red, than jump back into perpetual rebuilding and the latest flavor of the month coach.

Finally a man of reason!

1 hour ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Finally a man of reason!

Frost is batting .250 in terms of winning seasons (one out of four). The 2017 UCF team was special but is that season the norm or an outlier? I think too much stock has been placed on that one season and its important to evaluate this staff on the past 4 seasons overall. 

• Plus1 1
20 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Frost is batting .250 in terms of winning seasons (one out of four). The 2017 UCF team was special but is that season the norm or an outlier? I think too much stock has been placed on that one season and its important to evaluate this staff on the past 4 seasons overall. 

Also UCF has lost a total of 3 games the last 2 years without frost. Obviously they have better talent than most of the AAC 

1 hour ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Apples & oranges, you can not compare ucf to ne.  Different conference, competition & players.   You need to give frost at least 4 years here. 

So, are we saying that Klieman at KSU is that much better of a coach than Frost?  KSU has failed to go bowling for a few years as well, and with less talent on paper than we have, and they are going to win 8 games this season.  KSU plays old fashioned tough football, and is winning 8 games with a really stout 3-4 defense.  Whats not translating here?

• Plus1 1

Klieman has won in a playoff setting, not on votes.  I watch some of KSU along with other Big 12 games, and this K-St team has no more talent than they have had the last two plus years and beat OU, and now is winning their 8th game in fairly tough conference.  

Baffles me that we can't find that guy to transform our players into players that would run thru a brick wall for them, even though they didn't recruit most of them............Why?

• Plus1 2

Just now, Nebhawk said:

Klieman has won in a playoff setting, not on votes.  I watch some of KSU along with other Big 12 games, and this K-St team has no more talent than they have had the last two plus years and beat OU, and now is winning their 8th game in fairly tough conference.  

Baffles me that we can't find that guy to transform our players into players that would run thru a brick wall for them, even though they didn't recruit most of them............Why?

I'm betting Klieman didn't start off by saying "there's no talent here".

Frost has some damage control to do on that front, which is part of why we'll see more attrition this off season.

• Plus1 3
25 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Apples & oranges, you can not compare ucf to ne.  Different conference, competition & players.   You need to give frost at least 4 years here. 

It was simply a response to those who keep bringing up the 2017 season...not sure if you were one of them.  I do think you cannot look at solely the good or the bad parts of a coaches resume, but you must look at it in totality and with the proper context.  UCF had a good record and team 3 of the 4 years before Frost got here, so if he is given a pass for his failures these past 2 seasons due to what was in the pipeline from Riley, does the same hold true for his one winning season at UCF?    

9 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

It was simply a response to those who keep bringing up the 2017 season...not sure if you were one of them.  I do think you cannot look at solely the good or the bad parts of a coaches resume, but you must look at it in totality and with the proper context.  UCF had a good record and team 3 of the 4 years before Frost got here, so if he is given a pass for his failures these past 2 seasons due to what was in the pipeline from Riley, does the same hold true for his one winning season at UCF?    

I agree with you.  Year 2 must be good, because he did it at ucf.  He was lucky to have a great qb.