Another Thread Complaining about Ads

Seen as an ad on the margins of the desktop version of the site.

aIWADen.png

@BigRedMax I know several people have talked about doing donation drives to minimize the number of ads. To my knowledge you haven't responded to this idea one way or another. Are you willing to consider it?

After seeing CU ads and mobile ads that completely wreck the function of the mobile site, when is enough enough? I'd be more than willing to kick a few bucks your way if it means not having to see and support this kind of f#&%ing garbage just because I want to visit Huskerboard.

• Thanks 3

Danny,

I will consider making an ad free option. Too many posters want to label that as a subscription which is why I haven't offered it. I have stated it before and will state it again. Husker Board will not be a subscription board. The revenue model is 100% advertising and not subscriptions. 

A voluntary donation drive is not an option to get rid of the ads as the donors would be paying for those that don't donate. 

If enough posters want the option to pay not to view the ads I will add that option. That would give those that do pay the ability to view the board without ads. 

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

Who is choosing the ad package for the site if that is how it is done?  I really really do not appreciate seeing the large obnoxious 'Trump is on a Roll' ad.  In fact why any political Ads at all on this website????

I asked if that could be removed and the Ad Guy said no.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

On 11/3/2019 at 11:37 AM, BigRedMax said:

If enough posters want the option to pay not to view the ads I will add that option. That would give those that do pay the ability to view the board without ads. 

In reference to the bolded, it may be beneficial for us to outline what constitutes as 'enough' in some kind of public/stickied thread on the main forum. Meaning - would this be a qualitative or quantitative decision, or a mixture of both. Inclusion of a potential, specific cost per order might also be helpful.

Ultimately, it may not be a path to go down (particularly if there isn't enough support now or in the long term) but I think the conversation in its current state is a tad too nebulous.

3 hours ago, BigRedMax said:

I have a call with the ad agency tomorrow. Will follow up after the call. 

Week after week the same s#!t keeps happening. I think you want to force us to pay for the ads to be removed.

You're great at blaming the ad people for this s#!t.

Sack up and fix it.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 3
  • 2 weeks later...

@GSG Are you able to use the quote button on your phone? You're second to last post looks like it's blocked by the bottom ad for you too.

I switched to mobile to see if it was any different (it's not). I'm stuck on the garbage mobile version of the site because that ad blocks the drop down tab for that as well...

3 minutes ago, ZRod said:

@GSG Are you able to use the quote button on your phone? You're second to last post looks like it's blocked by the bottom ad for you too.

I switched to mobile to see if it was any different (it's not). I'm stuck on the garbage mobile version of the site because that ad blocks the drop down tab for that as well...

I'm posting this from my phone but I can still hit the quote button. But I tried doing a multi-quote from my phone and the ad definitely covers that button

• Plus1 1