Another Thread Complaining about Ads

10 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

@BigRedMax I'm guessing the majority of people use this site from a mobile device.  

So....why in the heck do you make it so damn difficult to use it on a mobile device?  

I am assuming you are referring to the anchor ad at the bottom. It has a close button in the top right. 

With the corona virus ad revenue is down 75% so the anchor ad is not going to go away as it has the best view ability and revenue. 

I have tried to keep a balance between generating revenue to cover the cost of the purchase and running the site and it will be at least another year or two before I break even. 

15 minutes ago, BigRedMax said:

I am assuming you are referring to the anchor ad at the bottom. It has a close button in the top right. 

With the corona virus ad revenue is down 75% so the anchor ad is not going to go away as it has the best view ability and revenue. 

I have tried to keep a balance between generating revenue to cover the cost of the purchase and running the site and it will be at least another year or two before I break even. 

If/when you break even, maybe celebrate by giving the members a week ad-free.

1 hour ago, BigRedMax said:

I understand that. But, it can be half the size. Much of the time, the ad is only taking half the space. The other half is just white. 

I would still see the ad and it would only be half as intrusive. 

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/13/2020 at 9:11 PM, Cdog923 said:

I'm taking a good amount of pleasure reporting the "Sign a birthday card for President Trump" ads. 

I just started seeing these yesterday.

Get this f#&%ing bulls#!t off the motherf#&%ing board.

0E25681A-F1F4-4E7C-9BA4-3514F1A7EEC5.png

• Fire 1

Why'd you have to pick the worst ad campaign management company in the history of mankind?

How many more dozens of "those weren't approved", "I didn't know they would do that", "that wasn't authorized" cases before it's actually the way it's supposed to be and there's an option to pay and get rid of them? 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

This banner ad across the bottom really f#&%s up a couple of features on the board that I like. 

Sometimes I'll be reading posts in a thread and maybe read an entire article that was posted by someone. While I'm doing this, someone else posts in the thread. There is a popup at the bottom that allows you to see the new post(s). This stupid banner ad covers that up:

Before closing banner ad:

1876397445_bannerad1.thumb.jpg.9b9f96ef61031bdc00f116313a632ec1.jpg

After closing banner ad:

316272657_bannerad2.thumb.jpg.60535d54f2639584cbe503e56231e1ec.jpg

The banner ad also covers up the multi-quote function:

1540276223_banneradmulti.thumb.jpg.f380165aa380a88885fe77f31a727787.jpg

• Plus1 1

What I find really funny is, there have actually been a few ads that interested me, every single time I click an ad on this site....the page won’t load. I assume there would be some additional revenue for click throughs. But not from me apparently. I have been entirely unable to open a single ad on HB from either my iPad or my phone (99.5% of my HB access). So while funny it also makes the ads doubly frustrating because I can’t do anything about it even if I try. :dunno

• Haha 1

Okay, something has gone awry again. Multi quote function does not work anymore. Not sure if it has anything to do with the new inability to close the lower banner ad TO GET IT THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY because it is impossible to use the board for what it is intended for while that damn ad blocks everything but the loss of ability to quote more than one post sure seems to coincide with that PITA, non closable bottom ad.

Im sure the top notch ad guys are working on it....

@BigRedMax

Okay, this is b#llsh#t. I'm typing this blind on my phone because of the complete inability to close this frikken lower ad. FIX IT...FOR GOOD...FINALLY. jfc