Another Thread Complaining about Ads

The ads are in the middle of posts again and the bottom ad is impossible to close and really obnoxious with video. 

Also, since we keep the politics to one area of the board can we not do the political ads? I'm trying to escape that here and if I get blasted with it I'm out. 

Screenshot_20200801-094121.png

Well this is frustrating. I set my computer down in the middle of a PM to go throw in a load of laundry, and come back to find two ads intruding on the body of said PM. I was mostly fine with banner ads, especially the ones that are out of the way. The pop up ones that block the screen are annoying AF but tolerable. Ads that literally clog up posts themselves are the breaking point for me.

43 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Well this is frustrating. I set my computer down in the middle of a PM to go throw in a load of laundry, and come back to find two ads intruding on the body of said PM. I was mostly fine with banner ads, especially the ones that are out of the way. The pop up ones that block the screen are annoying AF but tolerable. Ads that literally clog up posts themselves are the breaking point for me.

It is a new agency and they have been paused. 

• Fire 1
35 minutes ago, Decked said:

How many ad agencies have you ran with since buying the board? 

Apparently there is not an ad agency in existence that knows how to place ads while maintaining the functionality of a site......Oh wait, there are literally thousands of other sites that seem to manage it.  I guess we’re getting closer to learning what the real problem is.

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

How big of a check would I need to write to cover your monthly nut and not see any ad?  

I'd be happy to make an exception for ads related to Husker football or even Nebraska itself that appear in the margins and don't affect readability or site performance. 

I wish the original owners had asked if anyone on the board wanted to buy it before going this route.

Now I have this big MOSAIC ad on the bottom of my screen with a hide button but the button isn't clickable.

• Plus1 1

9 minutes ago, knapplc said:

14 years the original owners ran this site with no ad problems.

Yep. And to be honest, I’m more pissed at them than I am at Max. They had an example and knew what the blueprint for a Max takeover would be. The handshake agreement to keep it a “free” board is just an excuse that let somebody sleep better at night. Maybe they should’ve been just as concerned about not turning the whole HB experience into an abomination. It wouldn’t have been a very tall task to find a person or group of investors who could’ve kept it going as it was....and it still wouldn’t be except that now someone wants to milk every possible nickel they can out of it, with nary a concern about providing a good experience for Husker fans. We the users are no more than an avenue to revenue. Free board indeed.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
15 hours ago, Decked said:

I would say it’s about time to switch ad companies 

maybe time for us all to switch messageboards

12 hours ago, BigRedMax said:

It is a new agency and they have been paused. 

i noticed you didn't say 'stopped'. interesting choice of words.

8 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

It isn't brain surgery and it's not supposed to be a cash cow.  I'll have a couple of my friends look into creating a new site for HuskerBoard followers. 

we should chat.

15 hours ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Also, since we keep the politics to one area of the board can we not do the political ads?

@BigRedMax already promised no political ads outside of P&R in the past. one of many b.s. false promises

• Plus1 2
15 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

It isn't brain surgery and it's not supposed to be a cash cow.  I'll have a couple of my friends look into creating a new site for HuskerBoard followers. 

7 hours ago, Landlord said:

we should chat

I've got a bit of website knowledge as well so I'm in for helping.