Be prepared for 2 more yrs of this

Martinez was awful this game and Frost was gonna let him ride it out no matter what.  Very disappointing and a pre-cursor for the next two years.  Martinez is a minimum of 2 seconds too late finding the correct receiver (if he ever even does find the open receiver) and very rarely hits him in stride.  We can’t win consistently with him, yet since he started last year, I’m afraid the coaches won’t make a change till graduation takes him out.

O-line sucks on most running plays, we have to lead the nation in offensive negative yardage plays.  

The Defensive line is god awful obviously, but they way they are awful is disappointing to see.  They never stay in their lanes so the o lineman just take them the way the D line tries to go and opens up huge running lanes for QB.  On running plays, our D-line constantly turns their shoulders instead of staying square and again, the oline at that point has leverage to push them out of the hole. 

Linebackers suck!  Enough said. 

D ends/OLB seem to not grasp the concept of containment 9 games into the season.  

Many if these things are coachE but either

the players are tuning out the coaches (not good) or the coaches have no idea how to get through to the players ( also not good). 

Bottom line, this team sucks, is getting worse, and I don’t see next year being too much better.  

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1

If I were Frost:

Schedule as many weenie teams as you can in attempt to get to a bowl 

Recruit the JUCOs hard. 

Get an analyst(former coach), co-DC, and/or co-OC to help with the coaching and oversight. 
Put a power package in for goal line. 
just for starters.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Frost isn't going to survive 2 more losing seasons.  He'll survive this year, but if he can't post a winning record next year there's basically zero chance he'll be back for year 4.  The natives are already getting very restless. 

Very much indeed especially with the facilities proposal and no winning to show for it.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Frost isn't going to survive 2 more losing seasons.  He'll survive this year, but if he can't post a winning record next year there's basically zero chance he'll be back for year 4.  The natives are already getting very restless. 

He is at a crossroads.  Bet your job on  staff that have let you down?  Trust your ability to get kids in and get your scheme on both sides to work?.  If it's me, I am reevaluating everything in the off season.  Asking Moos to open the check book, get me guys with B1G roots and ties into the same places Bama and Clemson recruit (thx Moos) and tell the kids you will start almost immediately......Hell I'd even ask Urbs to be an analysts to help me get an O that will actually be able to move/score in all conditions.  Not this Danny Langs/Beck/Wats big or bust O...

10 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I'm not saying you're wrong, but it won't really matter. At that point husker football is dead. No coach will want to touch it and no players will want to come here. 

• Plus1 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Terrabus said:

Indiana was supposed to be one of those teams.  Not only were they hugely offended by that, they made us pay, and laughed at us afterwards.  

You play your conference. 
You replace the Colorado’s with St Mary School of the Blind.  

13 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

I'm not saying you're wrong, but it won't really matter. At that point husker football is dead. No coach will want to touch it and no players will want to come here. 

This honestly might be the reality. Might be dead now.....Just another of 120+ FBS teams......

I wish  could find the article, but it was several years ago and talked about teams that had fallen came back by copying the blue print that made them great....Maybe NU needs to do that.

4 minutes ago, lo country said:

This honestly might be the reality. Might be dead now.....Just another of 120+ FBS teams......

I wish  could find the article, but it was several years ago and talked about teams that had fallen came back by copying the blue print that made them great....Maybe NU needs to do that.

I'm on board with whatever means we don't lose pathetically to an injured 2-6 Purdue.

• Plus1 1