Jump to content
Archy1221

Be prepared for 2 more yrs of this

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Urban is a fan of the way Frost schemes.

I think he is a fan of Frost.  Unsure of his schemes......I have no idea what the scheme even is now TBH.......Maybe he'd help out as a fan of his. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, BoNeyard said:

Are we sure though??? This seems to be the statement after each inexcusable loss. If this isn't I am afraid of what the darkest hour actually looks like.

 

I don't know what rock bottom feels like but this has to feel pretty close.

 

This may be the worst opponent we've ever lost to.

  • Plus1 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, CheeseHusker said:

 

I don't know what rock bottom feels like but this has to feel pretty close.

 

This may be the worst opponent we've ever lost to.

 

Losing at home to Indiana felt similar to me.  And this morning, reading the players' and Frost's remarks.. sad;  in so many words it all added up to, "Some day we're going to win a game."  

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, lo country said:

I think he is a fan of Frost.  Unsure of his schemes......I have no idea what the scheme even is now TBH.......Maybe he'd help out as a fan of his. 

 

 

You always say this and I'm not sure why. The scheme is the same as it has been since Frost was at UCF.

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

You always say this and I'm not sure why. The scheme is the same as it has been since Frost was at UCF.

I say this because it looks nothing like UCF.  Maybe it's the lack of OL, loss of Farmer, Foster, Oz and Stan.  AM has regressed.  Athletes better in the B1G.  I no longer see the up tempo.  I see the O get to the LOS, look to the sidelines and go from there.  I see little of the motions and shifts we saw last year.  I see our points per game less than last year, yardage less etc......I see a complete inability to complete simple swing passes, to use the TE's.....All staples in UCF scheme....

 

IMHO, and again, it's an opinion Frost needs to adapt to the B1G.  I am still waiting for the power part to catch up to what he wants.  IMHO, our O under Noah against Indiana looked the best it has all year.  500 plus yards, balanced between pass/run.  We went 24-27, a single game Husker record.  TBH, that could be lack of film on Noah, simplified game plan ie less reads more run...

 

In the pressers I see a frustrated Frost.  A guy who is trying to figure why the wheels have fallen off. I think Frost is the right coach to turn this around.  If not him, who?  I am not sold on his staff nor scheme in it's entirety.   Doesn't mean some or a lot of scheme/staff can't work, but he really needs to re-evaluate moving into next season.  Lastly I see a "system" that is now 27-20 as a HC with the 13-0 UCF season looking like the outlier.  

 

 

  

  • Plus1 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CheeseHusker said:

 

I don't know what rock bottom feels like but this has to feel pretty close.

 

This may be the worst opponent we've ever lost to.

There is no excuse losing to a 2-6 team who has been hurt with injuries to have the 3rd string QB lead the game winning drive and then Bell comment  they had watched UCF film to see how to beat us on that TD.........

  • Plus1 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, lo country said:

I say this because it looks nothing like UCF.  Maybe it's the lack of OL, loss of Farmer, Foster, Oz and Stan.  AM has regressed.  Athletes better in the B1G.  I no longer see the up tempo.  I see the O get to the LOS, look to the sidelines and go from there.  I see little of the motions and shifts we saw last year.  I see our points per game less than last year, yardage less etc......I see a complete inability to complete simple swing passes, to use the TE's.....All staples in UCF scheme....

 

IMHO, and again, it's an opinion Frost needs to adapt to the B1G.  I am still waiting for the power part to catch up to what he wants.  IMHO, our O under Noah against Indiana looked the best it has all year.  500 plus yards, balanced between pass/run.  We went 24-27, a single game Husker record.  TBH, that could be lack of film on Noah, simplified game plan ie less reads more run...

 

In the pressers I see a frustrated Frost.  A guy who is trying to figure why the wheels have fallen off. I think Frost is the right coach to turn this around.  If not him, who?  I am not sold on his staff nor scheme in it's entirety.   Doesn't mean some or a lot of scheme/staff can't work, but he really needs to re-evaluate moving into next season.  Lastly I see a "system" that is now 27-20 as a HC with the 13-0 UCF season looking like the outlier.  

 

 

  

I don't know how Frost will handle it, but I am on board with offensive execution being an issue yesterday.

 

Martinez missed on way too much.  Frost's scheme is good.  The execution is not.

 

Frost mentioned the missed throws in the presser, but he wisely said he needed to look at the film so as not to throw Martinez under the bus.

  • Plus1 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This team has absolutely no identity unless “sucking bad” is an identity. Everything we do seems random and hoping that Lady Luck is on our side. Our OL is so weak that we continue to go sideways and every team we play has figured this out already. Chin is simply useless...he can’t make adjustments and is completely off in all his schemes. It might do him some good to get his a$$ in the booth and may be try and see the field better because him being on the sidelines is not working out at all. We have two very good weapons in wandale and spielman that we do not utilize to the fullest. AM is not the same AM of year 1 and Frost stubbornness to ride him the entire game when he is clearly struggling is really concerning. If Vedral was put in, we easily win this game. Frost’s blind loyalties will be his downfall because losing three games to end the season will not go down without some serious consequences. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

AM is not the same AM of year 1 and Frost stubbornness to ride him the entire game when he is clearly struggling is really concerning. If Vedral was put in, we easily win this game. Frost’s blind loyalties will be his downfall because losing three games to end the season will not go down without some serious consequences. 

For all of you who just spout out whatever ya want, Vedral was "emergency only" yesterday due to his knee injury and McCaffrey did not travel due to illness. 

 

https://nebraska.forums.rivals.com/threads/bring-in-vedral.254431/

 

https://forum.huskermax.com/threads/was-noah-vedral-unavailable.113977/

 

Did ya want Bunch instead???? How bout you all actually do some analysis/googling of your own.  They also said it during the broadcast if you cared to listen.

 

This isn't directed solely at you, I have just had enough after the same thing was posted 50 times.

  • Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, runningblind said:

For all of you who just spout out whatever ya want, Vedral was "emergency only" yesterday due to his knee injury and McCaffrey did not travel due to illness. 

 

https://nebraska.forums.rivals.com/threads/bring-in-vedral.254431/

 

https://forum.huskermax.com/threads/was-noah-vedral-unavailable.113977/

 

Did ya want Bunch instead???? How bout you all actually do some analysis/googling of your own.  They also said it during the broadcast if you cared to listen.

 

This isn't directed solely at you, I have just had enough after the same thing was posted 50 times.

Lol...you got your info from other message boards.  Seems legit. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, runningblind said:

For all of you who just spout out whatever ya want, Vedral was "emergency only" yesterday due to his knee injury and McCaffrey did not travel due to illness. 

 

https://nebraska.forums.rivals.com/threads/bring-in-vedral.254431/

 

https://forum.huskermax.com/threads/was-noah-vedral-unavailable.113977/

 

Did ya want Bunch instead???? How bout you all actually do some analysis/googling of your own.  They also said it during the broadcast if you cared to listen.

 

This isn't directed solely at you, I have just had enough after the same thing was posted 50 times.

I would take Vedral at 50% over AM at 100%. I am tired of people using injuries as an excuse for losses. Purdue was missing ALL of its weapons and they still beat us. Enough defending inexcusable losses. You are one of the reasons why we have become accustomed to losing and you just expect us to accept it and pretend that we lost because of injuries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

I would take Vedral at 50% over AM at 100%. I am tired of people using injuries as an excuse for losses. Purdue was missing ALL of its weapons and they still beat us. Enough defending inexcusable losses. You are one of the reasons why we have become accustomed to losing and you just expect us to accept it and pretend that we lost because of injuries.

Where did I defend anything? I was giving you facts, which you clearly don't care about when spouting your nonsense.

  • Plus1 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, lo country said:

I say this because it looks nothing like UCF.  Maybe it's the lack of OL, loss of Farmer, Foster, Oz and Stan.  AM has regressed.  Athletes better in the B1G.  I no longer see the up tempo.  I see the O get to the LOS, look to the sidelines and go from there.  I see little of the motions and shifts we saw last year.  I see our points per game less than last year, yardage less etc......I see a complete inability to complete simple swing passes, to use the TE's.....All staples in UCF scheme....

 

IMHO, and again, it's an opinion Frost needs to adapt to the B1G.  I am still waiting for the power part to catch up to what he wants.  IMHO, our O under Noah against Indiana looked the best it has all year.  500 plus yards, balanced between pass/run.  We went 24-27, a single game Husker record.  TBH, that could be lack of film on Noah, simplified game plan ie less reads more run...

 

In the pressers I see a frustrated Frost.  A guy who is trying to figure why the wheels have fallen off. I think Frost is the right coach to turn this around.  If not him, who?  I am not sold on his staff nor scheme in it's entirety.   Doesn't mean some or a lot of scheme/staff can't work, but he really needs to re-evaluate moving into next season.  Lastly I see a "system" that is now 27-20 as a HC with the 13-0 UCF season looking like the outlier.  

 

 

  

I completely agree with everything 

 

also, hearing people excusing performance due to the players not being Frosts’s recruits AND then saying how much we underestimated losing Morgan, Zig, etc. which were not Frost recruits.  

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheSker said:

I don't know how Frost will handle it, but I am on board with offensive execution being an issue yesterday.

 

Martinez missed on way too much.  Frost's scheme is good.  The execution is not.

 

Frost mentioned the missed throws in the presser, but he wisely said he needed to look at the film so as not to throw Martinez under the bus.

Frost has an issue of not knowing particular issues as they happen in games. Two significant problems with this fact. 1. The best players and coaches in any sport know them as they happen. They recount them in pressers. They dream about them and make sure they don’t repeat. 2.  They are KEY to in game adjustments. K.E.Y. 
 

Purdue watched old UCF film to prepare for THIS game. Let that fact sink in. 
 

Frost is the man for this job. He has pride. He is loyal. He has a plan. Can his pride and loyalty take a back seat to what is right for the program? Can his pride allow him to adjust to his approach (get in the weeds on all team aspects; you and Chin are not co-head coaches) and adjust schemes? 
 

Frankly my biggest concern now is keeping current talent on the team and not losing recruits. You may have told Adrian’s mom you’ll take care of her kid. Guess what? He’s not taking care of your program. Adjust. Swallow pride. Pivot your plan. And then execute. Know details. Command the team. Lead. Create winners.  And win games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Willie Tagert just got fired. 21 games. 

 

They were abysmal. We’re not abysmal. Lets not be FSU 

  • Plus1 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.










×
×
  • Create New...