What Did We Learn - Purdue

Mavric

1 minute ago, chamrocck said:

I learned I don't need to watch this team the rest of the year.  This game today was like which team is worse...they both sucked.  Flip the channel to another college game and it's like watching the NFL vs. a high school game.  Purdue's stadium was a third empty.  :lol:

Silver lining for no bowl:  We get this awful team off the field quicker so many of their jobs can be gone next season.  Someone said it another thread...this is only going to stop when a certain group of guys say enough is enough.  There are not enough guys on the team yet with this mentality. 

So no bowl, huh?  This staff better use the time to recruit some top players...it's s a simple pitch...there are tons of openings to play on this team right away.  There is no excuse to not land some freshman who can contribute immediately next season.  I mean who the hell is ahead of you on this weak depth chart?  Frost wants his guys...so go f'n get them.  #NoMoreExcuses

Being a left coaster, I watch a lot of Pac 12 games and I've been thinking the same thing all season.  Comparing Oregon and Utah to Nebraska is painful.  

This staff, Frost included was out coached again. No TO with the game on the line?

AM is off.

Frost  won't sit AM or fire Chin.

Recruiting will suffer.

Team appears to have packed it in.  Imagine what they are thinking about Wisky and Iowa.

What has Verduzco done to AM?

We have no offensive identity.  Big or bust/ Chunk play isn't a plan.  It's a hope.

I do not think we watch film  Every other schools beats us by watching film how others beat us. To include watching UCF defensive film...

Noah in we win.. It's that simple...

• Plus1 3

I'm hardwired to root for Nebraska since birth.

I was rooting for a miracle even on that 4th and Doomed play.

But I was asking myself: how bad would it really be for Purdue to win? All my other sports instincts were rooting for the injured underdog with more heart and better coaching smarts. 

Lincoln, we have a problem.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

I came back from youth soccer to watch a Nebraska team loyal to the wrong people.

In order to win, our offense will have to do the heavy lifting...and frankly, our offense looked a LOT better under Vedral against a more competent defense. 

We can’t depend on our defense to win us games, so Frost should be putting the best folks on the field for the offense and  plays to their strengths. Using Mills on stretch/finesse plays and trying to set up screens where Wandale has to block someone 6” taller and 75 lbs. bigger than him isn’t setting up this offense for success.

If anything, Frost needs to look at what has succeeded this year—play action, ISOs, and the I formation. At the risk of sounding like Run the Ball guy...we need to be able to run better to set up the pass, and we need a passer in there that won’t leave the WRs hung out to dry...or forget to check down (like on that first INT).

Its clear that Martinez has regressed. How much is on the staff remains to be seen...but playing Martinez in this state is only going to damage him further. Pull him and go back to basics with him, and let Vedral control things.

Frankly it’s the best thing we could do to get to six wins. 

This staff bought into their own hype.  The crap we're seeing week by week isn't poor, or good, practices, poor half time speeches or any other BS- it's whatever crap they're teaching them in March, April, and July.   You can't fix the fundamentals during the season, you teach them in the off-season.  

• Plus1 1

I learned/confirmed that I can watch until a little bit into the 2nd half and know EXACTLY how the game is going to finish.

Why does Frost look so damn apathetic on the sidelines when things aren't going exactly our way?  You can be stoic or a lunatic or somewhere in between and still be engaged.   Frost just looks disinterested.   

Only when you hit a rock bottom low can things change.  I am hopeful from some of Frosts comments about needing to make changes that he realizes he does not have the staff to right this ship.  I am not sure how much lower it can get than getting blown out by Minnesota and then losing to a Purdue team that is without a star player and had to win the game with a 3rd string QB.