We win this game with Vedral, or McCaffrey

Look, its not personal, but as far as AM as a quarterback, hes terrible.   If AM was QB for Ohio State they may lose a few games.

Vedral is twice the passer, twice the field reader, twice the decision maker.  And just as good of a runner.  I blame the COACHES. Its not AM fault if hes just bad, i know hes trying.  But Frost is being too stubborn to go away from his golden pick.  

Watch the tape.  There are open receivers, open running lanes...its almost as if he is blind.  When he does see someone its a second or 2 late.  A second or 2 late is equivalent to not seeing them at all....barring the whole defense falling down with cramps.  

If i was playing my heart out for my team, id be pissed that we're playing AM at this point.  This is on FROST! 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, BigPeterJ said:

Look, its not personal, but as far as AM as a quarterback, hes terrible.   If AM was QB for Ohio State they may lose a few games.

Vedral is twice the passer, twice the field reader, twice the decision maker.  And just as good of a runner.  I blame the COACHES. Its not AM fault if hes just bad, i know hes trying.  But Frost is being too stubborn to go away from his golden pick.  

Watch the tape.  There are open receivers, open running lanes...its almost as if he is blind.  When he does see someone its a second or 2 late.  A second or 2 late is equivalent to not seeing them at all....barring the whole defense falling down with cramps.  

If i was playing my heart out for my team, id be pissed that we're playing AM at this point.  This is on FROST! 

I wouldn't say Vedral is twice the passer, I would say that he plays more decisive and runs aggressively with the ball.  Additionally, when Vedral plays this way,  it feels like a better flow for the offence.  

• Plus1 6

Vedral gets love because he is a Nebraska kid.  McCaffrey would be ahead of him on the depth chart if the staff didnt want to redshirt him and will be next year.

Teams know what they need to do to stop AM. AM isnt getting the coaching to go to the next level of playing and is pushing way too hard.  He drank way too much offseason koolaid and is probably diabetic because of it

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bigred_inSD said:

Vedral gets love because he is a Nebraska kid.  McCaffrey would be ahead of him on the depth chart if the staff didnt want to redshirt him and will be next year.

Teams know what they need to do to stop AM. AM isnt getting the coaching to go to the next level of playing and is pushing way too hard.  He drank way too much offseason koolaid and is probably diabetic because of it

I think Vedral deserves a little more credit than that, he does have some skills.  With that being said, I agree McCaffrey has more upside.

McCaffrey didn't even make the trip due to injury. Also I would imagine coaches want to save his redshirt year.

I think McCaffrey could very very well give Martinez a run for his money next year as the starter. I know it was only a half vs Indiana, but McCaffrey has some major upside. The problem is McCaffrey is still young and needs to hit the weight room, but I think long term he is a better QB than Martinez will be.

The offense was humming the last couple weeks without Martinez, add Martinez and we started to stall at inopportune times. I see no reason to not try to mix things up and put in Vedral. Fact of the matter is, Martinez is nothing like his Freshman self.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, BoNeyard said:

McCaffrey didn't even make the trip due to injury. Also I would imagine coaches want to save his redshirt year.

I think McCaffrey could very very well give Martinez a run for his money next year as the starter. I know it was only a half vs Indiana, but McCaffrey has some major upside. The problem is McCaffrey is still young and needs to hit the weight room, but I think long term he is a better QB than Martinez will be.

The offense was humming the last couple weeks without Martinez, add Martinez and we started to stall at inopportune times. I see no reason to not try to mix things up and put in Vedral. Fact of the matter is, Martinez is nothing like his Freshman self.

I didnt get to see us last year much.  So maybe im missing why people think Adrian is supposed to be so good.  But ive seen every game this year, and not ONE game has AM seen the field (in other words been a quarterback).  

If you erased reputations off of individuals, i would look at AM  and say this guy makes TAYLOR Martinez look like a heisman candidate.  Id also say Vedral looks like a very solid QB.  On another note (as much as Frost is our last hope, and this is true imho)  id say he looks like Riley.  The same guy he has indirectly talked a lot of s#!t on......COACH, that is YOU right now!  I have no clue what is going on in the program, so maybe im wrong, but remove reputations and thats who he is at this point in time.  

• Plus1 1

16 minutes ago, BigPeterJ said:

I didnt get to see us last year much.  So maybe im missing why people think Adrian is supposed to be so good.

He was a freshman All American last year and lead all true freshman in yards from scrimmage per game.

There was definitely reason to be excited, but he has for sure taken a step back.  I agree the offense looks smoother with Vedral in and Martinez seems to think he is Patrick Mahomes with the sidearm off ballance throws. 

• Plus1 4