We win this game with Vedral, or McCaffrey

Just now, 3rd and long said:

So now a civil discussion as denigrated to childish comments. I guess it doesn’t surprise everyone with your history. 

How do you suppose either of your two much much better options would have fared against Minnesota?

He shouldn’t have had to drive them down to take a lead with three minutes left. We should have already been up by three scores. What about the first half, when he started in Purdue territory?

What is childish about the term boyfriend?  Is that offensive to you?  Why?

I wish that all the guys on the team were my boyfriend.  

I would imagine that either of the other two options would have been better.

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

What is childish about the term boyfriend?  Is that offensive to you?  Why?

I wish that all the guys on the team were my boyfriend.  

I would imagine that either of the other two options would have been better.

You know full well what was childish about the comment. 

We can respectively disagree on the football part without without resorting to that. 

2 minutes ago, 3rd and long said:

So it was only Vedral who got smoked at Minnesota?

Wait...was it only AM that got smoked vs Purdue?

Just now, 3rd and long said:

You know full well what was childish about the comment. 

We can respectively disagree on the football part without without resorting to that. 

I don't know...is boyfriend offensive?  It is not to me. 

11 minutes ago, teachercd said:

We saw Vedral...get SMOKED by Minny...and get beat by IU...at home.

Man Noah must have stolen one of your umbrella decorated drinks downtown for such spite.  

Waiting for any factual arguement that he’s such a terrible option or fourth best QB next year.  I mean before today his season Yds per carry and yds per pass attempt mirrored AM.

But I guess I have to play the what I see game as well.  You throw out Minny, well we’ve seen inconsistent, crud performances in S. Alabama, Colorado, Northwestern And today.  I won’t even mention the worst game because that was never going to have a chance

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

Man Noah must have stolen one of your umbrella decorated drinks downtown for such spite.  

Waiting for any factual arguement that he’s such a terrible option or fourth best QB next year.  I mean before today his season TD per carry and he per pass attempt mirrored AM.

But I guess I have to play the what I see game as well.  You throw out Minny, well we’ve seen inconsistent, crud performances in S. Alabama, Colorado, Northwestern And today.  I won’t even mention the worst game because that was never going to have a chance

Wait...so his stats mirror AM's?  Is that true?

He is not a terrible option...he is 3rd best this year and will be 4th best next year.  3rd/4th best on a D1 team in a P5 conference on a full ride is not a terrible option.  

6 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Never mind, I don't care at this point.  Vedral is the best QB in the nation and should be starting.  This season is lame...next season will be lame too...

@3rd and long

@PaulCrewe

Hey, I just asked a question.  You just don’t back anything up  besides he sucks, small town Nebraska kid, whatever

i’m just intrigued to pick the brain of a self proclaimed “horrible football coach”.  I love to learn

1 minute ago, PaulCrewe said:

Hey, I just asked a question.  You just don’t back anything up  besides he sucks, small town Nebraska kid, whatever

i’m just intrigued to pick the brain of a self proclaimed “horrible football coach”.  I love to learn

So his stats are the same as AM, right?  You said they mirror them, correct?  I assume you just mean in %'s, right?

It's a small sample, but the offense looked much more dynamic with Vedral and McCaffery against Indiana. Indiana doesn't rank out well defensively, but the offense looked so much more explosive than it did this week, and I think it was in large part because the QBs were a run threat. Adrian is more gunshy to take off and run when the pass isn't on 

Now he doesn't and shouldn't bare the full brunt of the blame; the offensive line is weak and the playcalling has been subpar. This game could have been wrapped up earlier had Nebraska scored 20+ on all the drives they had that started in plus territory. Instead, Frost rolled out some of the most bizarre playcalling which resulted in just 3 points scored when starting in plus territory. That's unacceptable and Frost should take accountability for that.

The players were not put in position to win and when they were, they didn't execute. It's a sign of a dysfunctional poorly coached team that has trotted itself out there the past 4 years. This senior class are some of the most losingest players in Nebraska history and they play like it. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 3