We win this game with Vedral, or McCaffrey

24 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I owe you a HUGE "I am sorry"

I thought you thought that Vedral should be the starter!

My bad!  I read your stuff wrong.  I also agree, he should not start.  We were on the same page I just suck at reading comprehension.  

SORRY!  

And yes...I am a horrible football coach!  I was also a pretty bad wrestling coach, super average baseball coach and below average basketball coach!

Your ok.  

Again it all really falls back on all my beef with lack of accountability in this program.  If the team sees that AM can be yanked for a series or two when he is s#!tting the bed solidly(like the second quarter today, among many examples this year) a message is sent.  And that isn’t just related to the QB position it SHOULD AND NEEDS to be across the depth chart.  And the way he played and how the team looks especially tempo-wise, NV can be effective.  That is what I’ve been hammering on you about.

2 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

Your ok.  

Again it all really falls back on all my beef with lack of accountability in this program.  If the team sees that AM can be yanked for a series or two when he is s#!tting the bed solidly(like the second quarter today, among many examples this year) a message is sent.  And that isn’t just related to the QB position it SHOULD AND NEEDS to be across the depth chart.  And the way he played and how the team looks especially tempo-wise, NV can be effective.  That is what I’ve been hammering on you about.

I get it...I just thought you were "Vedral should be starting" guy...and you were not.  

Maybe us fans will get lucky and they will win out!

51 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

Do I pull douche stats here like NCAA defensive total ypg heading into today

Indiana 26

Purdue 81

Oh Minny is 13

AM seemed to have a lot of time in the pocket.  I thought the OL must have decided to put some effort into pass protection then I thought twice and decided Purdue was just bad.  81st is bad.  I would have liked to see what Vedral could do for a series or more with the additional time.

7 hours ago, BigPeterJ said:

Look, its not personal, but as far as AM as a quarterback, hes terrible.   If AM was QB for Ohio State they may lose a few games.

Vedral is twice the passer, twice the field reader, twice the decision maker.  And just as good of a runner.  I blame the COACHES. Its not AM fault if hes just bad, i know hes trying.  But Frost is being too stubborn to go away from his golden pick.  

Watch the tape.  There are open receivers, open running lanes...its almost as if he is blind.  When he does see someone its a second or 2 late.  A second or 2 late is equivalent to not seeing them at all....barring the whole defense falling down with cramps.  

If i was playing my heart out for my team, id be pissed that we're playing AM at this point.  This is on FROST! 

Frost and Martinez were pretty bad again, but I'm not convinced the backup would've done any better. Do you remember the Minnesota game?

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, BigPeterJ said:

Like all of us, im really pissed right now.  Not only upset, but this time pissed off also.  I was all Frost until today.  Indiana was a HUGE game, that we lost.  Purdue was a game we shouldnt even have to worry about this year, and yet another HUGE game, for the simple fact that IF somehow we lose we risk losing even the most loyal of fans, players, and recruits.  How does a team with 3 and 4 srars lose to Purdue? Cant blame talent one bit Frost.  Purdue is 2 and 3 stars, plus their best players are out.  I bet not one 4 star played in this game. 

You’d be wrong Bell, Karlaftis, etc. Brohm has flipped that roster and has a lot of young talent on that team, which is why they’ve struggled this year. 

1 hour ago, Hayseed said:

Frost and Martinez were pretty bad again, but I'm not convinced the backup would've done any better. Do you remember the Minnesota game?

Vedral did what was asked of him in the Minn game, we didn't ask much, and IMO that was a mistake with our defense getting run all over. Against Indiana we let him open things up and he did fine outside of the fumblitis,  Indiana has a better D than Purdue. No way of knowing for sure what would happen but Vedral has played better than AM did today. 

1 minute ago, Danimal said:

Vedral did what was asked of him in the Minn game, we didn't ask much, and IMO that was a mistake with our defense getting run all over. Against Indiana we let him open things up and he did fine outside of the fumblitis,  Indiana has a better D than Purdue. No way of knowing for sure what would happen but Vedral has played better than AM did today. 

And Frost could've put him in for a couple series just for laughs.

In My Humble  Opinion I think AM is not a good decision maker. He has eye's only for the receiver meant to be the target per the play. And , as far as play calling on third down situations we always seem to be going for the "Home" run instead of the first down.

How do you not score from the three after a pass interception by the big guy?

We seem to have one good play , eradicated by two bad ones.

The defense is low class A high school  talent. they don't learn from mistakes, and don't defend the outside.

AM is a great player going through a slump.  As a current coach, I completely understand sticking with him.  Hopefully at some point in the future, AM will realize his full potential and all of our fans will understand.  This is about the future everyone.  It sure stinks to watch right now though. GBR

• Plus1 1

10 hours ago, Hayseed said:

Vedral would have likely gotten us a W yesterday.   Vedral's performance in the MN game was way better than what AM showed us yesterday.  Not even close.  We lost to IN and got blasted by MN for many reasons, none of which were the quarterbacks play.  There's something going on between the ears of AM this year that's adversely affecting his play.  That much is obvious.

1 hour ago, Hilltop said:

AM is a great player going through a slump.  As a current coach, I completely understand sticking with him.  Hopefully at some point in the future, AM will realize his full potential and all of our fans will understand.  This is about the future everyone.  It sure stinks to watch right now though. GBR

You would stick with him at the expense of the rest of the team, the fans and the entire program?

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Hilltop said:

No yesterday was about yesterday, not some point in time that hasn't happened.  You need to win the game yesterday.  It's gotten to the point where people are devaluing the importance of every game, and it's just tired. 

15 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

Vedral would have likely gotten us a W yesterday.   Vedral's performance in the MN game was way better than what AM showed us yesterday.  Not even close.  We lost to IN and got blasted by MN for many reasons, none of which were the quarterbacks play.  There's something going on between the ears of AM this year that's adversely affecting his play.  That much is obvious.

Maybe being hit on every play because the line is horrible.  Hixon could not start on any big 10 team & in the days of the pipeline, you wait your turn.  Purdue had no guys on the dline that were 300 lbs and we could not get a push.